Author Topic: Unnamed double loop knot  (Read 11669 times)

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Unnamed double loop knot
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 12:36:02 PM »
Here is a photo of the artwork Dan graciously sent me many moons ago.
SS

alanleeknots

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »
Hi All,  I have two new way to tie this double loops knot here, you guys had discuss the name issue before, my English is limited not quite
           understand, have you guy settled a name for this loop,  I have make a video how to tie this loop,  I need a name for this knot.

謝謝 alan lee.       alanleeknots at youtube.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:35:21 AM by eric22 »

SS369

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
Hi Alan.

Very good video and thank you for doing the work to share it with us.

This knot is what brought me to awareness of the IGKT back in the day, as I could find no reference to it in any of my own wide ranging investigations. Dan Lehman eventually shared the source he had that I didn't know existed - Knotting Matters. This publication is widely unknown outside of the Guild and not truly in the public domain (shame).

I offered it with the unique name of the Scottknot (Grin) back when, but the name in the publication is the Double Loop Larks Head.

I make no claim to the final naming on it. So, that tag is up to you (or whomever decides these things).

BTW: My tying method is different than either of your two ways and the procedure in the pamphlet.

Thank you again.

SS

alanleeknots

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 07:14:31 AM »
Hi All, Scott thanks for the reply.
         The sensation of creating something new it is a fantastic feeling, I enjoy every moment of the whole process of my work,
         not sure about other people, I just couldn't wait to share my work to the public. I wish Xarex is here to give me some answer.

Scott, I have hard time follow words to tie a knot, what do it mean by (sans the rope it could go around,)?
        Show a few pictures how you tie the knot, will make life easy.

谢谢 alanlee

SS369

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 06:46:42 PM »
Good day Alan.

Sorry that I did not explain in more ways than that, earlier in 2007. Sans equals without. What I had said was to tie a prusik knot without the rope that goes through it.
Any way, here are a couple of pictures that should add a visual explanation,, I hope.

I tie the coils in hand, then pull the outer coils through the center and tighten by working the loops, then pull the individual lines while holding the central nub. You'll see when you try the tie.

SS
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:27:14 PM by SS369 »

alanleeknots

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 10:37:56 PM »
Hi All,
        Thanks for the pictures Scott, I got it this time.
        I am just a simple minds guy, I guss nobody helping  me to pick the name, I have to do it myself then.
        Well the other party did'nt public their work in the public domain, then I got to go for first come first serve,
        I am taking this name "Scottknot".
        謝謝 alan lee.   alanleeknots  at youtube.