Author Topic: Buntline in monofilament or fluorocarbon?  (Read 726 times)

mainebingo

Buntline in monofilament or fluorocarbon?
« on: July 20, 2021, 05:47:23 PM »
Has anyone used the buntline in fishing monofilament or fluorocarbon?  I was playing around with the Davy Knot (generally accepted as a minimalist way to tie tippet to fly) and kept wanting to tie the buntline instead.  Can anyone think of a reason why the buntline would be less secure than the Davy (or double Davy)?

KC

Re: Buntline in monofilament or fluorocarbon?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 11:40:53 AM »
Mono, totally not my game, but would think less shock worthy due to more of an immediate stop of force in 1st HH, backed by 2nd.
>>looking i think for dissipating shock thru dispersed travel and then perhaps some thru seating coosh/mattress of stack?
Maybe some mattress padding in stack being innie Bunt Line rather than 2 HH's outie form type dampening,
but not so much continuing forceFlow past the first nip/stop of HH.
But, SEEMS to me, Davey offers longer fig8'ish travel thru gauntlet of bends before total termination of force flow?
AND softer 'mattress' dampening of stack than before standing as fig8 rather than flatter HH stack?
mono many ways different than working ropes.
"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon
We now return you to the safety of normal thinking peoples.
~ Please excuse the interruption; thanx -the mgmt.~

mainebingo

Re: Buntline in monofilament or fluorocarbon?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »

But, SEEMS to me, Davey offers longer fig8'ish travel thru gauntlet of bends before total termination of force flow?
AND softer 'mattress' dampening of stack than before standing as fig8 rather than flatter HH stack?

That makes sense, especially when compared to the Double Davy.  Thank you for the reply.