Author Topic: Little Sister Bowline  (Read 150 times)

asemery

Little Sister Bowline
« on: October 15, 2020, 11:40:03 PM »
Little Sister Bowline
zipper pull, lanyard  .  .  .  .

Little Sister Bowline Tutorial

tsik_lestat

• Exp. Member
Re: Little Sister Bowline
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »
It took me quite a while to decode this knot structure, and i believe i have figured it out. Firstly, i had the impression that it was a double Eskino bowline, (anti-bowline), but that's clearly not the case.

Then, i recalled that Alan Lee had presented a bowline structure like this one, stabilized in a more conventional way, as a proper bowline (not eskimo).

So, this would be an Eskimo variation of the bowline presented here: Link: https://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=5383.msg36082#msg36082.

Very stable and secure structure, as the double coil nipping area firmly clamps the running end, but i would be sceptic to load it heavily in this Eskimo configuration.

Now, which one was published first, that i don't know.

Many thanks for the share!!
Going knots

asemery

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 04:42:45 PM »
It took me quite a while to decode this knot structure, and i believe i have figured it out. Firstly, i had the impression that it was a double Eskino bowline, (anti-bowline), but that's clearly not the case.

Then, i recalled that Alan Lee had presented a bowline structure like this one, stabilized in a more conventional way, as a proper bowline (not eskimo).

So, this would be an Eskimo variation of the bowline presented here: Link: https://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=5383.msg36082#msg36082.

Very stable and secure structure, as the double coil nipping area firmly clamps the running end, but i would be sceptic to load it heavily in this Eskimo configuration.

Now, which one was published first, that i don't know.

Many thanks for the share!!
Thank you for the feedback.
The "Knotting Maters" article that described the little sister bowline was from 2007..  Tony

Dan_Lehman

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:02:18 PM »

The "Knotting Matters" article that described the little sister bowline was from 2007..
... and has both an issue # and page #s,
neatly cited in the form <kmNNN:NN>,
which I keep urging upon the editor(s)
vs. more cumbersome "Knotting Matters
#NNN, ... ".

--dl*
====

asemery

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:31:31 PM »
Issue #94
March 2007