Author Topic: CROSSING KNOT LOOPS  (Read 752 times)

alanleeknots

CROSSING KNOT LOOPS
« on: July 25, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

Hi All,  Jam resistant loops, hope you like it.
                                              謝謝,  alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

Re: CROSSING KNOT LOOPS
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:40:06 AM »

謝謝,  alanleeknots.                       

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 09:18:05 PM by alanleeknots »

alanleeknots

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 09:21:04 PM »
                            謝謝,  alanleeknots.

July-27-2020 ;  Add Crossing knot loop # 10 here, this loop fit in nice and smooth , even though is no well balance, under heavy weight  it retain form very well. and easy to untie.

tsik_lestat Thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:39:14 AM by alanleeknots »

tsik_lestat

• Exp. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »

Hi All,  Jam resistant loops, hope you like it.
                                              謝謝,  alanleeknots.

I like them, and i appreciate the fact that you are dragging up some of your old creations, for those of us that they were not members, at the time they were posted for the first time, or refreshing the memory of others. I am refering of course to eyeknots #1, #5, with the number #5 being more familiar (have seen it before as a Luca creation, but i don't have the link right now). Although, i wouldn't use an overhand locking to enhance a Carrick-like loop, i admit that both have a compact form (same stands for eyeknot #4).

Eyeknot #2, uses Siriuso's two crossing knot locking mechanism (north south), which has been discussed here : Link 1 : https://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=6636.0. i wouldn't characterize it as mirror, but using the same mechanism in a slightly different nipping structure, where an aditional WE tucking through the collar, leads to a girth hitched crossing knot. The corresponding bend, is interesting too.

Now for eyeknots #3, #6, #7, if i was to borrow a DL's expression, i'd say that they are Eskimos/anti-bowlines of another variety. I remember, i sent one of them to Xarax some time ago, and his comment was as follows:
" I have the sense that every single strand/component of such a knot, is being drawn tightly towards a center (at the heart of the nub), where much pressure is acummulated, rendering the untying process more challenging at maximal loadings". Α common feature of the Eskimos I'd say.
I'd like to add that you have a double version of such a loopknot in your other double loop related thread,
Link 2 : https://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=6451.msg43701#msg43701.

Too bad, number#8 is not TIB :( besides the two end parallel configuration, plus nice final tucking at eyeknot #9.
Going knots

alanleeknots

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:06:05 PM »
       Hi All,  here is a TIB Quick Release loop, well secure and easy to release after heavy loading.
                 I like it, hope you like it too.    謝謝,  alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:23:28 PM »
        Hi All,
                 I have two loops here, both of them  are well  secure and easy to untie after heavy loading.
                    謝謝 alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 06:25:45 AM »
Hi All,
                  I like this simple solid knot , well  secure and easy to untie after heavy loading.
                    謝謝 alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 05:10:48 AM »
Hi ALL,
      Crossing knot loop # 12, have few a quick test with 1/4" solid braid nylon rope,
       it handed heavy weight very well and easy to untie.

Second picture Jam knot 01, not happy with it.
      Third picture, move the standing part, problem solved.

Crossing knot loop # 13, work fine handed heavy well and easy to untie.
      謝謝 alanleeknots.