Author Topic: CROSSING KNOT LOOPS  (Read 7276 times)

alanleeknots

CROSSING KNOT LOOPS
« on: July 25, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

Hi All,  Jam resistant loops, hope you like it.
                                              謝謝,  alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

Re: CROSSING KNOT LOOPS
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:40:06 AM »

謝謝,  alanleeknots.                       

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 09:18:05 PM by alanleeknots »

alanleeknots

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 09:21:04 PM »
                            謝謝,  alanleeknots.

July-27-2020 ;  Add Crossing knot loop # 10 here, this loop fit in nice and smooth , even though is no well balance, under heavy weight  it retain form very well. and easy to untie.

tsik_lestat Thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:39:14 AM by alanleeknots »

Kost_Greg

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »

Hi All,  Jam resistant loops, hope you like it.
                                              謝謝,  alanleeknots.

I like them, and i appreciate the fact that you are dragging up some of your old creations, for those of us that they were not members, at the time they were posted for the first time, or refreshing the memory of others. I am refering of course to eyeknots #1, #5, with the number #5 being more familiar (have seen it before as a Luca creation, but i don't have the link right now). Although, i wouldn't use an overhand locking to enhance a Carrick-like loop, i admit that both have a compact form (same stands for eyeknot #4).

Eyeknot #2, uses Siriuso's two crossing knot locking mechanism (north south), which has been discussed here : Link 1 : https://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=6636.0. i wouldn't characterize it as mirror, but using the same mechanism in a slightly different nipping structure, where an aditional WE tucking through the collar, leads to a girth hitched crossing knot. The corresponding bend, is interesting too.

Now for eyeknots #3, #6, #7, if i was to borrow a DL's expression, i'd say that they are Eskimos/anti-bowlines of another variety. I remember, i sent one of them to Xarax some time ago, and his comment was as follows:
" I have the sense that every single strand/component of such a knot, is being drawn tightly towards a center (at the heart of the nub), where much pressure is acummulated, rendering the untying process more challenging at maximal loadings". Α common feature of the Eskimos I'd say.
I'd like to add that you have a double version of such a loopknot in your other double loop related thread,
Link 2 : https://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=6451.msg43701#msg43701.

Too bad, number#8 is not TIB :( besides the two end parallel configuration, plus nice final tucking at eyeknot #9.
Going knots

alanleeknots

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:06:05 PM »
       Hi All,  here is a TIB Quick Release loop, well secure and easy to release after heavy loading.
                 I like it, hope you like it too.    謝謝,  alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:23:28 PM »
        Hi All,
                 I have two loops here, both of them  are well  secure and easy to untie after heavy loading.
                    謝謝 alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 06:25:45 AM »
Hi All,
                  I like this simple solid knot , well  secure and easy to untie after heavy loading.
                    謝謝 alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 05:10:48 AM »
Hi ALL,
      Crossing knot loop # 12, have few a quick test with 1/4" solid braid nylon rope,
       it handed heavy weight very well and easy to untie.

Second picture Jam knot 01, not happy with it.
      Third picture, move the standing part, problem solved.

Crossing knot loop # 13, work fine handed heavy well and easy to untie.
      謝謝 alanleeknots.

Kost_Greg

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 09:30:25 PM »
 I think Crossing knot loop #11, at reply#6 is the flipped collar or ring loaded version of the tugboat beta (flying bowline)  TIB structure.

Additionally, the crossings knots #12, #13, are also TIB, if their tug ends are tucked back through the collar, which would give extra credit to both good knots anyhow.
Going knots

alanleeknots

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 11:08:40 AM »
  Hi  tsik_lestat,  Thanks you, good to know Crossing knot loop #11 is the flipped collar or ring loaded version of the tugboat beta.
                         Tugboat beta is a famous knot, but it jam and distorted so bad under heavy loading, and it have a excellence flipped collar version  , I don't know why nobody use or mention it. may be I have not aware it, someone already mention or use before.
                          My conclusion, amount all the simple crossing knots loop, beside Reroute Eskimo bowline, Crossing knot loop #11 is the second best out there.
                          If  Crossing knot loop #12 become TIB version, the 2 ropes diameter inside the collar, mean capsize under heavy load.
                          crossings knots #13 become TIB version, the  standing part nipping loop is riding single rope diameter on the incoming eye leg.
                           Thanks for your frequent  reply my post,  Writing is my bad, I want to reply
you, but too much time for put together something like these.
                            Anyway I have a loop here, no a great knot but have very unique look. have to dress very tie in 90 degree fashion with soft rope only, then it can handed heavy weight, dress the loop inline, will be disaster.
                           謝謝 alanleeknots.

Kost_Greg

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »
Tugboat beta is a famous knot, but it jam and distorted so bad under heavy loading

It certainly is, it has even made an appearence in an animation movie for kids, well imagine that! I guess, the fame relies on its fancy flash TIB tying method.

Now something interesting about your more stable crossing loop #11 variation....

If you load it from the tail part, this will reshape the initial crossing knot nipping structure into a two wrap nipping channel.

Besides the fact that this may be considered as a decent TIB noose, if you push the tail out and replace it with a tube, you have a fine, tight, two wrap hitch.

I definitely have seen it before, but i kind of miss the info right now as to who has developed it in the first place. Master Xarax is a usual suspect for sure  :).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 08:45:43 PM by tsik_lestat »
Going knots

siriuso

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 06:35:24 PM »
tsik_lestat, Alan

I have 3 loop knots using Crossing Knot as a start

Happy Knotting
yChan
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 06:19:15 PM by siriuso »

Kost_Greg

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 06:50:56 PM »
@ Siriuso

It has been said that your CSLK is a Carrick product. I've tried to match your eyeknot, with all Carrick initial dressing states, #1439,#1428 included, but paradoxically, it didn't work.

So, what's going on here? There must be some other initial dressing states, as numbers don't fit  ::).

Verily, try to load the first image configuration, from the on going eye leg and tail sides as white arrows indicate, and you will get your knot (first image).

If you load it from the other two lines, it will transform to a more appropriate final energy state to process the load, while yours, is better for cross loading (ring loading).

A question that raises here, is which is this asymmetrical Carrick variation, (neither symmetrical nor Carrick perhaps) that mimics original Carrick's self dressing ability?

I illustrate a slightly different #1428 variation to coordinate with your eyeknot (second image), while that trick, extends to the other classic Carricks as well.

Is there a reference in Asley's, or anywhere else, or in your bend archives? Well, if not, there will be, because having tied a loopknot, by definition you have tied the corresponding bends too  ;).

I assume that it is weaker than the symmetrical carrick variations, but one must struggle to discriminate between final energy states, if you ask me.

To avoid drifting off- topic, maybe you should start a new thread to explore Carrick variations? :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:51:25 PM by tsik_lestat »
Going knots

siriuso

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 11:33:19 AM »
tsik-lestat

I do not class the Crossing South Loop Knot as it is in the Carrick family. It is just a LK starts with a Crossing Knot. I have not get deep to the Carricks.

I like to use one of the state of the Crossing Knot to create Loop Knots. To form a Crossing Knot in the SPart and let the WE also in the form of Crossing Knot to enter into the former Crossing Knot. One may use/play with WE with other knots or tuckings. They are worth to try and explore.

Once it happened that I made a Crossing North Loop Knot and a Crossing South Loop Knot. Thanks to Agent Smith?s comment, I admitted that my Crossing North Loop Knot is Carrick Loop Knot. But a different direction of the Crossing Knot leads to Crossing South Loop Knot and it is not of the Carrick family I think.

There are a lot of Carrick-like bends (composed with Crossing Knots) and Ashley-like bends (composed with Overhand Knots). We may discover more as well as their corresponding loop knots.

Here are some examples.

Happy Knotting
yChan

siriuso

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2020, 06:18:54 PM »
tsik_lestat

I use the state 1 of Crossing Knot in my LKs.

yChan
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:09:24 PM by siriuso »

anything