Author Topic: Well Secure Twisted Collar Loops  (Read 486 times)

alanleeknots

Well Secure Twisted Collar Loops
« on: May 03, 2020, 05:06:15 AM »
Hi All,
         Thanks to Zigzagger, after he bring in his knot, then I realise I can do the same thing to my old knots
          These are well secure and rock solid knots. Quick test with 8mm Bluewater rope and I found very
            easy to untie. 謝謝 alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

Re: Well Secure Twisted Collar Loops
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 08:13:52 PM »
Hi All,   
         Another loop here little more complicate to tie,  after heavy loading also very easy to untie.
           謝謝 alanleeknots.

alanleeknots

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:05:47 PM »
Hi All,
          Hmmm, I do tie these class of loops before, please see this link" Squmish TIB loop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hr4i3PMR9k "
          Here is the single version of   Squmish TIB loop, have a quick test and found very easy to untie after heavy loading.
           謝謝 alanleeknots.

tsik_lestat

• Exp. Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 12:42:21 AM »
As a matter of fact, i have encountered the simple Squmish loop, shown at reply#2, but only when i was fiddling with Zigzagger's construction, having not realised at that time, that it was the single version of your Squmish double TIB loop.

It is strange that there has never been shed any light on such an easy to form crossing knot based loop, until now. There is no collar twist, plus the exiting leg of the collar segment is firmly clamped by the X formation of nip's two rope diameters.

The tying sequence of your Squmish double loop, is not so easy to follow, but i found the transition of the Eskimo bowline on a bight to the Squmish, more accesible and rather astute. Afterall, the Eskimo tying method you have promoted in another video, is my "go to" TIB tying method. The final resulting knot,resembles somehow to a mirror double Karash, but under closer inspection it is certainly not the same.

With respect to your previous creations, i see that the doubling of the nipping components, enhances security, producing stable, rock solid twisted collar knot structures. However, if the loading increases to two or three times the magnitude of 750 kg to which you have initially loaded the knots, how would you think they respond to such heavy loading, right up to the MBS yield point, based on your experience?
Going knots

alanleeknots

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 03:14:50 AM »
@  tsik_lestat, Thanks for the reply, when this  Squmish loop dress tight it do have a twisted collar. just so busy,
                      have time will do some test on this loop and  Squmish double TIB loop.
                      謝謝 alanleeknots.