Author Topic: Eight-Shaped Post-Eye Tiable Loop Knots  (Read 2256 times)

alpineer

Re: Eight-Shaped Post-Eye Tiable Loop Knots
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 05:47:25 AM »

This knot, after repeated loading and unloading devolves into this:

https://i.imgur.com/vkaaQkc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i5ETClQ.jpg

It is not secure and it is not stable.  I don't see it as a practical knot.

Many/All PET knots are prone to capsizing under these conditions, to varying degrees perhaps. Nevertheless, please provide details of how you tested the knot. Comparing it with any of the more familiar PET knots under the same test conditions would provide a way to better measure its performance.

Thank You,
alpineer

P.S. I should add, when I did the fork lift pull test, other than the expected distortion of the collar, the knot was able to maintain its original form.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 05:07:45 AM by alpineer »

KnotLikely

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 02:43:12 AM »
My last two sentences are probably a bit overboard.  I joined this forum looking for the perfect tie-in and one of my first views of something offering that to me changed shape in front of my eyes.  It probably won't happen 1/100,000 times to anyone climbing, but it can and that is enough.

I have no idea what I did, that night, but I just recreated my pictures with a ring load, a couple good shakes and rough loading and unloading a few times.

It is pretty stable in the form in my pics though some parts that can't really go anywhere different are looser and more able to move than I am comfortable with for a tie-in.  The tail is much less secure in the knots/positions that share the same topology (my pics being one such shape).

I definitely agree that a lot of (most?) TIB knots can suffer from lines shifting positions to make new forms.

alpineer

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2020, 10:42:37 PM »
My last two sentences are probably a bit overboard.  I joined this forum looking for the perfect tie-in and one of my first views of something offering that to me changed shape in front of my eyes.  It probably won't happen 1/100,000 times to anyone climbing, but it can and that is enough.

Yeah, I thought your "drive by shooting style" was rather harsh.;D Thanks for returning to the scene of the crime.;)