Author Topic: yChan's Knot - Coffee Loop Knot  (Read 445 times)

siriuso

• Exp. Member
yChan's Knot - Coffee Loop Knot
« on: January 05, 2020, 04:01:09 PM »
Hi dear all,

I presented herewith the Coffee Loop Knot for your comment.

Happy Knotting
yChan
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 04:05:51 PM by siriuso »

siriuso

• Exp. Member
Re: yChan's Knot - Coffee Loop Knot
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 04:07:48 PM »
Hi dear all,

Here the photos of Coffee Loop Knot.

tsik_lestat

• Exp. Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 09:39:46 PM »
Hi Siriuso

Tying your coffee loop knot plenty of times (i didn't reach the critical number of twelve, but it was more than six), i found that to be a quite stable and well secured crossing knot based loop, with a rock solid ring loading profile.

The only thing that somehow troubled me, was some sort of difficulty in the untying process, after streching the knot, tied in a small diameter rope. I am struggling to find out the reason, since i do not make out any closed form component (overhands,figure eights) in the core nub and i would certainly care for your findings about this matter.

Due to the different topologies of the nipping structure, there are four variations of your knot, (two basic forms and their mirrors), with almost the same properties. If you haven't tied it yet, you might give it a try, at least the other basic structure. On second thoughts, it may be wiser that you have chosen this instance for your presentation than the other one i am refering to, where the WE captures the on going eye leg this time and is secured by the SP, (opposite than yours), which might be more prone to jamming than your structure.

Edit.... Adding more coffee to your recipe  :). The more i see it, the more i like it, but which one is better that i can't tell. Structure refered to previous paragraph attached....

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:44:50 PM by tsik_lestat »
Going knots

siriuso

• Exp. Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 07:32:02 PM »
Hi tsik_lestat,

I have worked out eight forms (no mirror images) of this knot. Here they are, the Coffee Loop Knot Tables 1 and 2. Thanks for your presentation of this knot with the WE exits in another direction. I find that it is a mirror image of No.7 in Table 2. In my opinion, the No.1 and No.7 are more secure. I like No.1 most, and presented here. The rest are not secure and some got deformed. This loop knot does not have any closed forms such as Overhand or Fig-Eight. It only comprises with 2 Crossing Knots being interlocked.

yChan
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:28:58 AM by siriuso »

tsik_lestat

• Exp. Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 04:39:06 PM »
Greetings siriuso

I think i have picked up on your general idea of stabilizing two crossing knots as interlocking components. I like your approach, your structures are pretty close to some of my own, involving "crossing knot via crossing knot/girth hitch stabilization techniques, but that is for some other topic.

My image, which indeed is a mirror knot of your structure 7, was not a presentation, more like a discussion to your knot and its variations, based only on your initial post. I see that you have already tied most of them, according to your knot tables, carrying this concept forward, by using several different tail maneuvers.

Another grouping of these knots, would be in a same nipping structure basis, for instance 3,4,7,8 gathered in one table, but you know better, having your own personal discrete coding/organization knot system, which is rather based on a working end orientation.

Besides structure 6, which i was unable to realize a stable knot the way you show it, the other variations seemed good enough too, but 1,7 are better, i concur to that.

Thanks for your full detailed and very illustrative knot tables.More new knots, more homework, i know the drill :)

Going knots