Author Topic: ABOK # 1074 and ABOK # 1035 Video  (Read 15659 times)

Kost_Greg

Re: ABOK # 1074 and ABOK # 1035 Video
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »
Thanks Mr.Lee, but considering that you were the one who brought it in the forum seven years ago, back in time, the credit is all yours.Indeed, it is the one in the attached image, in reply#5, under the topic Elegant loops, found in the link that you have provided in your previous reply (i have attached it too).

In my view, all bowlines normal or virtual, feature "on a bight" double versions, which i usually don't omit to tie, but most of them are being dismissed (by me), because they need excessive amount of rope usage for their tying up. This instance, seemed quite reasonable to me, in terms of efficient rope usage, that's why i have kept it, along with the Karash double loop, bowline on a bight, or even eskimo on a bight.You, also seem to take account of this factor in most of your double loops.

And let us not forget that Xarax has tied the single version of this loop, as a Samisen bowline (link, image attached,middle knot), so a name, such as Samisen bowline on a bight, might be appropriate to attach to this knot.But of course, the naming is up to you, as you have tied it in the first place.

https://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=4883.0

Thank you for your new offerings!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 12:37:44 PM by tsik_lestat »
Going knots

Dan_Lehman

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 05:36:01 PM »
Hi All,
         roo, Thanks for sharing your tying method, yes the coil on hand method, it seems more natural to me too.

謝謝 alanleeknots
Nice (belatedly attending to details here ...),
but I think that one could/should skip the first
tucking --which is a small bother, after all--
in the wrapping : wrap THAT *tuck*, leaving
then just the drawing out of eye.  .:.  So, you
have a trio of turns, but orient them so that
the above initial bight-tuck is obviated.

Or, as the coiling shifts around my fingers,
begin by
wrapping across (left hand) towards fingers,
then reaching back over the other way (towards thumb)
and finishing --the tail-- coming now up and over at
the center;
and here the drawing out of eye bight comes from back
of hand (across knuckles).
!?

YMMV.  But a sort of nice back'n'forth & center as for
tying the farmer's loop (where upon this 3-turn
position the rule is : center over (a) side; that side now
centered over other side; ... now centered leaps over
first-done side; and the now (original) centered turn
is pulled upwards into eye.

(-;

alanleeknots

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 08:08:43 PM »
Hi Dan,  I can not read writing knot, Can you please just for one time, make a short video how to tie it.
             send it to my email,  i will make HD video, and bring it back here. Thanks.

alanleeknots

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2019, 08:07:47 AM »
Hi All, Have a few more video here, showing how I tie these knots. all the knots under this tread,
         the tying method some are reasonable, some are extremely hard to tie, some will jam and some are doing well.
         I am glad Mark's request, is a new territory , I do learn a lots myself.
         Also thanks to smirnov_wasilii. He is a creative knot tyer, always on the move.
         His videos trigger me to create other tying method to tie the same knots.
         Below are the links of the video of smirnov_wasilii and mine.  謝謝 alanleeknots

ABOK #1099 and Ring hitch ABOK #1099
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arxayBaAb2Y&t=101s
Ring hitch Eskimo double loop V2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy5O1fq_zaI
Ring hitch Eskimo double loop V1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNBjz3mtXE&t=106s

Двойная Вилка или Расщеплённая петля (Двойной Юферсный узел)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Avw2tTeVQ&t=18s
Калмыцкий узел https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SceVa_RsZqQ
Quick tie Kalmyk Loop Knot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61mxfWz1LcY

alanleeknots

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2019, 07:54:53 AM »
Hi All,
         Ring hitch does fit in bowline nipping loop, I believe many people have tie it before, this type of TIB loop always had
         to tie. Have a quick test, it only good for normal use, no good for biaxially loading. will make a video for this loop.
          謝謝 alanleeknots

alanleeknots

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2019, 07:53:23 PM »
Hi All,  I got few more knot videos done, please see this link ; https://www.youtube.com/user/alanleeknots/videos?view_as=subscriber  Hope you like it.   謝謝 alanleeknots

Kost_Greg

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »
I have noticed, that in this category of knots, there are several variations which depend on the configuration of the collar of the bight component (clockwise twist, no twist, anti-clockwise twist). For example, if you pull the two ends out of the collar of the Mediterranean I bowline, induce a clockwise twist, and put them back in through it, you will get the Kopisan II bowline (no twist), presented in your recent video.Further more, continuing with one more clockwise twist, you will end up with another double loop variation, which i have not seen so far.

The same stands for your other decent knot, the Ring hitch bowline on a bight, which has strong resemblance with the Mediterranean, but it is not the same of course. One could end up with two more variations, when applying the twisted collar method described previously.

However, it seems very difficult to tie all these double loops on the bight, or perform transformations from one structure to another, unless someone possesses knotting skills like yours, or simply just follows your lead.

This very configuration of the bight component (girth hitch, munter hitch or other), is the one which creates several  double loop variations. So, i contribute with one more variation of my own, which has a tidy and solid form, with efficient rope usage, shown in the attached pictures in a loose, front and back view. A U turn component is embedded in the nub of the bight structure, and one can notice that one eye leg (of the two returning eye legs) grips the collar, preventing it from jamming and the other one tighten's it up.

Looking for a tying method, since i usually tie them in a reverse engineering mode. :-\
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:09:51 PM by tsik_lestat »
Going knots

alanleeknots

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
Hi All,
         tsik_lestat Thanks for sharing you knot, Just so busy on my own knots, later I will do some quick test on your knot.
         when I first create some of my knots, I have no idea what kind of tying method I will end up with.
         later I do "reverse engineering" I find a few base structure that can tie a couple of my knots,
         Later on, I don't even bother to do the "reverse engineering" try to find the tying method on the rest my knots
         that I already posted. I just give these base knots (clockwise twist, no twist, anti-clockwise twist and so on)
         the rest of my knots that  I already posted show up, and plus more new variations.
         You are right  "all variations which depend on the configuration of the collar of the bight component
         (clockwise twist, no twist, anti-clockwise twist)"
         When tying these knots, my first chose I like to make it no twist or clockwise twist, flop the right to the left
         and so on, If can't then go for anti-clockwise----and so on whatever it needs to tie knots.
        Yes, most of these double loops on the bight very difficult to tie, Is a new territory, I am on my own knot world,
        this is the way I am exploring knots. have to live with it.
        I have three more loops here, that I like, looking good to me, will make some videos for it.

Oct-25-2019 add another loop here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 01:25:24 AM by alanleeknots »

alanleeknots

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2019, 11:58:09 PM »
Hi All, This  is my favoured loop, good looking, jam resistant knot, not too difficult to tie. I like it very much.
           謝謝 alanleeknots at youtube.

alanleeknots

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2019, 11:36:05 PM »
Hi All, More knots and videos to share with, hope you like it.
          alanleeknots at youtube,  謝謝

anything