Author Topic: Tutor on the Eastern Seaboard?  (Read 290 times)

Liisab

Tutor on the Eastern Seaboard?
« on: June 22, 2019, 06:45:44 PM »
Hiya,
I am looking for someone in or around Rockville, Maryland who would be able to give one-on-one instruction to my husband to help him get over the beginning stages of fancy and decorative knotwork. We can come to you almost anywhere, I'm thinking that a half day to a whole day would be perfect.

Any takers? What would you charge?

Thanks much,

Liisa

Frayed Knot Arts

• Knot too smart at times....
    • Frayed Knot Arts
Re: Tutor on the Eastern Seaboard?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 10:55:04 PM »
Wow!  No takers?   Illness and remoteness prevent me from volunteering, but there gotta be someone who can help out.  Sounds a very serious student.

PatDucey

• IGKT Pacific Americas Branch
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 03:58:37 AM »
We are a sparse group.  Even in major metropolitan areas, you may be lucky to find a dozen within a couple hours drive.

Pat
(In Seattle, USA area)

terrybaldridge

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 07:37:35 PM »
Wow!  No takers?   Illness and remoteness prevent me from volunteering, but there gotta be someone who can help out.  Sounds a very serious student.

Vince, how about you try skype?  You certainly have the knowledge.  I get on on your website and marvel at the things you do every now and then.  Doing it on video would present some problems (or would for me).

mpollock02

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 11:35:40 PM »
Hi.  I haven't been active at knotting in many years, haven't been on this forum, just got an email from a friend about this. Unfortunately I won't be available until late July, but if you get no responses by then feel free to contact me. I live near Wheaton, am retired, and would be happy to spend an afternoon with a knottyer, haven't seen any such in years.  However, I am by no means an expert.  I spent many enjoyable years learning a bit of this and that from some really excellent knottters, produced some credible results, but today could certainly not whip out a gaucho knot from memory.  What I could do is sit with you, with whatever tutorial you have found that you want to try, I could work with you on it, and, having gone through the learning process myself, possibly pass on some useful advice.  Or at least encouragement.  I would not charge for that, of course,  it would be fun to tie a knot or two after all these years.  Let me know if this is of interest to you.   

CPO

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 01:10:45 PM »
I have a friend in the general area who agreed to help.  If still interested, please contact me let me know and I will pass along his details.

Yours in knotting,
Jim