Author Topic: Organizing an International Knot Exhibition in North America  (Read 1490 times)

KnotMe

• The Chinese Knotting Homepage
Organizing an International Knot Exhibition in North America
« on: October 14, 2018, 08:23:15 PM »
It's dawned upon me that it's about 2 weeks until I leave for the Knot Exhibition in Japan.  I suggested to the organizers that after 15 meetings in Asia that perhaps they'd be interested in a North American exhibition and unexpectedly they said "maybe?".   So, back in August I emailed IGKT, IGKT-NAB, and IGKT-PAB to see if I might be able to present a formal statement of group interest (enthusiasm?) and perhaps gather some support and/or resources.  Absolute crickets.  So now I'm posting to the forum in the hopes of...

So, as you know I?m gearing up to go to the 15th International Knot Exhibition in Tokyo in November and I?ve been in touch with the organizers.  I floated the question if there?d be any interest in having a future exhibition in North America (I suggested San Francisco or Vancouver since those are the places where I have the most roots) and got sort of a ?we must talk about this when you are here? sort of response. Certainly not an immediate ?no, everyone is on this side of the globe? response.

This year, and having never been to one before, but one assumes in previous years as well, the exhibition is a week long.  There is an opening ceremony and a reception and that?s it.  People are expected to come in person to install their work and pack it up at the end.  Other than it being a week versus a weekend this is not vastly different than an IGKT AGM.

My question to you: IGKT, IGKT-North America, IGKT-PAB is is there any organization level interest hosting?  What resources might be available, or more cogently, what collaborators/organizers might be interested in making that happen?

Yablonsky

Re: Organizing an International Knot Exhibition in North America
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:32:22 PM »
I would certainly be interested in attending....if close enough

Ken