Author Topic: A crossing knot based loop with a girth hitch collar structure  (Read 5954 times)

alanleeknots

Re: A crossing knot based loop with a girth hitch collar structure
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 09:42:59 AM »
Hi All,
         siriuso,  You are using marlin spike hitch capsize it to Mocha loop, the two collars that near the standing part,
         was sitting 90 degrees to the standing part, may create some problem to untie.
          Some problem with my rig, the hydraulic jack has a bad internal leak. have to get it fixed, then I can do the test.
           I have a few Photos here, for you can compare them.   謝謝 alanleeknots.

Kost_Greg

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 08:13:40 PM »
Ychan

Please have a look at the following picture, which illustrates a variation of your mocha crossing knot based loop with a slight difference.

Actually is your very mocha loopknot loaded in another way.

I am not sure if that eliminates the problem Alan Lee is refering to,however there is always the option of tucking the WE back, parallel with SE for more safety in this structure.

Just a thought!!
Going knots

siriuso

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 06:00:04 AM »
Hi tsik_lestat,

Your variation of my Mocha Loop Knot is no good for ring loading, it will slip. Thanks for the thought.

yChan
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:03:15 PM by siriuso »

alanleeknots

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 12:56:31 AM »
Hi All, 
         Modify little bit on my last loop, make it 2 to 3 ropes diameter all the way around. Make it look nicer, more secure and compact,
         just by looking it, I think she is fine.
         Just bought a new 8 tons long ram jack, will test this knot, as soon as installed it.
          謝謝 alanleeknots.

Wishing Happy Holidays and World Peace

alanleeknots

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 02:19:01 AM »
Hi All,
          tsik_lesta, Thanks for posting this loop, make me think again, I tie this loop before, don't quite like it,   
          as yChan's  words  "close door" on the nub.
          Second photo, this is another similar loop, work well with light weight, never have any serious test yet.
          Third photo is a improve version, look good to me, will test it.
            謝謝 alanleeknots

Kost_Greg

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
Hi Alan, i am the one who should thank you for your high productivity of creating new compact workable knots,presenting new techniques and inspiring other people.

All credits go to Ychan, because without his Mocha loop i wouldn't have thought about it!Interaction between members is quite important,as it might breed new offerings or improvements to existing structures and i believe such a claim emerges through this thread.

I like your first knot a lot,seeing that you are using a crossing of the eye legs(have used it too)!Your knot has bowline characteristics, a shaped-8 like nipping structure, although the returning eye leg does not capture the SE directly, but this very nipping component!

I think that you should definitely test this "easy to tie knot"(along with your second version which is a bit more complex), when your test rig is ready for action and publish your results.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Knotting Year to ALL!!!!!!! :) :)
Going knots

alanleeknots

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2018, 10:35:22 PM »
Hi All,
         tsik_lestat, I like your replied, plain, simple English, easy to understand.
         You never play any "Words Game" here, You are truly coming for knotting here.
         Unfortunately, Xarax no longer here, If He is here to analysis you knots, will speed thing up for you.

Your knot has bowline characteristics
        So these knots here may qualify for " hailed as Bowlines "
        "Happy New Year "     謝謝 alanleeknots

alanleeknots

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2018, 10:56:00 AM »
Hi All,
         This loop here doesn't seem like it can handed heavy load, but interesting knot, it looks like "Lee's lock Yosemite bowline",
          like to test it and see how it behave under heavy load.  謝謝 alanleeknots

alanleeknots

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 11:00:04 AM »
Hi yChan,
              I have the quick test on your Mocha loop, for 1/4" rope after loading can be untie, no easy but not too hard either.
               well secure and retain compact form.
              For 7/16 rope, very hard to dress the knot, after loading 1200kg, very easy to loosen the outer collar, take me 3 minutes
               to loosen the inner collar, and then rest is easy. The inner collar doesn't jam, it snug tie, just no room to maneuver it.
              Something wrong with my new jack, I have to return it and get another one, That's all I can do for you.
               謝謝 alanleeknots

alanleeknots

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 01:51:51 AM »
Hi All,
         yChan, base on your idea, here is how i would like to tie it .
                     謝謝 alanleeknots

DerekSmith

• IGKT Member
  • Knot Botherer
    • ALbion Alliance
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 11:24:12 AM »
this is a neat way of forming the knot, but there is a considerable amount of unloaded slack within the knot which must be hand dressed in order to ensure the knot has the desired structure.

Derek

siriuso

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the testing of the Mocha Loop Knot and your comments.

yChan

anything