Author Topic: Identifying 'Mago' double-loop knot  (Read 235 times)

dagrona86

Identifying 'Mago' double-loop knot
« on: November 30, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
Hii!

A friend of mine recently got a certain type of hair-extensions, where they use a knot-system to attach the hair to your own hair.
I got really intrigued in the type of knot, but a thorough online search didn't get me to any results.

This image shows the knot, where the last picture shows how it looks when tightened:

Here you see the system when using it:

I was hoping people at this forum could help me find a name for the knot and perhaps a tutorial in how to make it :).

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Identifying 'Mago' double-loop knot
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:10:43 PM »
Hi dagrona86 and good day.

Hard to truly see the knot clearly, but it resembles a bull hitch to me.
Looks like it is pre-tied on the tool then transferred and tightened on the hair.

To tie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3o9lJsmuU Replace carabiner with hair tool. (Bent paper clip or wire.)

SS

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 07:01:00 PM »
It sounds like you might have physical access to the knot.  If so, perhaps you could re-create it with small cords or rope to allow for a clear and unambiguous photo of a loosened knot to be submitted.  Labeling of the ends "extension hair end", "extension string end", etc. would also be helpful.

I wouldn't blame you if you had to use a magnifying glass.
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

SS369

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 08:07:24 PM »
It sounds like you might have physical access to the knot.  If so, perhaps you could re-create it with small cords or rope to allow for a clear and unambiguous photo of a loosened knot to be submitted.  Labeling of the ends "extension hair end", "extension string end", etc. would also be helpful.

I wouldn't blame you if you had to use a magnifying glass.

No, those are photos from the Mago website.

The knot looks like it is tightened to capsizing, catching the hair group in a distorted bundle.

For those interested, one can enlarge the page or image size by pressing your Ctrl key and tapping the + sign.

SS

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »
It sounds like you might have physical access to the knot. 

I am aware of that.   The OP said a friend had the product, which leads me to think they may have physical access to it.
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

SS369

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
It sounds like you might have physical access to the knot. 

I am aware of that.   The OP said a friend had the product, which leads me to think they may have physical access to it.

I am very glad that you are aware of that.