Author Topic: ButterFly Knot Animation  (Read 2365 times)

KC

• latest project
ButterFly Knot Animation
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:04:03 AM »
The very useful Butterfly Knot and Bend; as made in the hand.

http://igkt.pbwiki.com/f/butterflyPower_2.swf
Rope-n-Saw Life
"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon
We now return you to the safety of normal thinking peoples.
~ Please excuse the interruption; thanx -the mgmt.~

Willeke

• knopen . ismijnhobby . nl
    • Willeke's knotted Ideas
Re: ButterFly Knot Animation
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 10:50:35 PM »
I have had 2 good looks at the new animation, but I do still not like it that much.
I do not think the hands are much of an improvements and the line is still not behaving as a rope, nor are the hands behaving like hands.
The idea is good, but the way of working it out is very hard,
I do like the way you have worked the instructions, the different ways of using, and general information into one string.

Willeke
"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools,
nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen

Writer of A booklet on lanyards, available from IGKT supplies.

ambiguous

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
I like the method very much. The animation is a bit creepy, but amusing. I will need to take another look when I am a bit less fatigued.

Someone once told me, "You never truly know anything, unless you know it 3 different ways."
It comes in quite handy, knowing more than 1 method when showing someone (especially a novice(more novice than I)) how to tie a knot.

The method I find most enjoyable might not be as so for someone else.
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

KC

• latest project
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:11:26 PM »
Thanks for comments; jsut a long work in progress; plenty of stuff to be smoothed out.

i'm presently just poking around at strategies to do this.  i'd want it sharp, clear, small files, fairly easy to produce.

Someone else did the hands, they were lots better than anything i came up with.  Someone else here mentioned hands shown, and i figured this would be a fair time to try them!  i'd like more liquid look tothe rope myself, have it dance and slide around into place with charachter even eventually.

Nice point about making knots differently too.   But that is in the bigger picture later.

i still think Flash is the medium for the quick files, animation, shadowing, transparency, showing flows of force, theories, similairites in forms of knots etc.

Thanks,
-KC
Rope-n-Saw Life
"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon
We now return you to the safety of normal thinking peoples.
~ Please excuse the interruption; thanx -the mgmt.~