Author Topic: Newbie saying Hi!  (Read 1172 times)

David R

Newbie saying Hi!
« on: March 21, 2018, 07:25:01 AM »
Hi all,

I just joined the forum last weekend, and I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.

Last summer, I reawakened my fascination with knots after a period of dormancy. I needed a particular knot for a household chore, but I couldn't remember how to tie it. I could have easily opened my filing cabinet to consult the folder full of (mostly hand-drawn) knot diagrams I started when I was 10, but instead I followed an impulse to see what Google would find.

Was I ever impressed! As most of you must know, the web has many resources for knot tyers. I began relearning the knots of my childhood, as well as ones that had skipped my notice. It's become a favorite pastime, and a great way to relieve stress.

In my quest to learn more about the knots I like, Google continues to steer me towards this forum. How wonderful to discover an International Guild of Knot Tyers! I've been reading various threads for several months. As I spend more of my free time tying, I figured I should join the forum, in order to have people to talk with about this subject. I look forward to exchanging ideas.

Take care,
David

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie saying Hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 12:48:11 PM »
Good day and welcome David.

Good of you to join us. Bring your questions and your musings and share what you tie.

SS

David R

Re: Newbie saying Hi!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 05:18:25 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, SS!