Author Topic: 18 face globe knot tutorial  (Read 5524 times)

asemery

18 face globe knot tutorial
« on: September 28, 2016, 08:22:21 PM »
18 face globe knot tutorial

This knot was introduced to me many years ago by Dan Callahan, founder of the Pineapple Knot Forum.

Bring Working End up and wrap around index and middle fingers going over, under and over.

Bring WE up over, under. and over.

Turn your hand over.  You will see four cords.

Take the cord that was second from the right and bring it under and over the cords to its left

Take the cord from the extreme right and bring it over and under the two cords to its left.

Bring the WE under, over, under, over.

The knot is complete and ready to be placed over a core and finished as desired.

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
Re: 18 face globe knot tutorial
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »
I tried this with a piece of scruffy paracord I had in my pocket around a small rubber ball. Not only did I get it right first time (that's pretty rare for a start!) but it looked great when done. Thanks Tony - this would make a great YouTube video.

Barry

asemery

Re: 18 face globe knot tutorial
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:41:21 PM »
I tried this with a piece of scruffy paracord I had in my pocket around a small rubber ball. Not only did I get it right first time (that's pretty rare for a start!) but it looked great when done. Thanks Tony - this would make a great YouTube video.

Barry

Thanks for the feedback Barry.  I am pleased that it worked for you.  By the way the shoelace featured in the tutorial is the bit of cord I always carry in my pocket.  It used to be white.