Author Topic: Lee's knots  (Read 4892 times)

alanleeknots

Lee's knots
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:41:13 PM »
Hi All,   I bring in a few knots here, just to double check to see if any of these knots are new or not,
            so far no one make a claim on these knots.

I have made a few videos on how to tie these knots.  I need to have name for these knots.
           Please let me know if you have seen it somewhere before.  If it is not a new knot,
           I will remove the name from these  knots,    see    alanleeknots  at youtube
           Here is the links for these knots http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=4191.msg25580;topicseen#msg25580
           http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=5685.0
           By the way if the name of these knots are not appropriate please correct me.
           謝谢  alanlee.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:17:18 PM by eric22 »

Tom_Zal

Re: Lee's knots
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 02:49:53 PM »
Interesting knots and methods, and I found your videos clear and easy to follow.

Is there any advantage to the right hand twin bowline? Seems like the left hand is better looking and otherwise the same?

The twin bowline looks to me as good as the Spanish Bowline or Ashley #1100, as easy if not easier to tie and, due to less bulk in the nipping loops, less slippage (or less effort to set to prevent slippage). Maybe a practical knot for splayed double loops. Does the reduced interconnection reduce security - probably somebody can think of some combination of circumstances where it would, but I can't at the moment...

Did you know that if you tie #1100 starting with a "false butterfly" you get your twin bowline?

As for your

alanleeknots

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:17:13 AM »
Hi All,
          Tom thanks for your reply, Here is what are the difference between this class of knots, 

Double Splayed loop(ABOK #1100),  Double Splayed loop(Right hand variation), 
          Lee's Double loop knot (but the two loops crossing over) they sharing the same base (Alpine Butterfly  knot)
          Two Parallel Round Loops(ABOK #1084)(but the two loops crossing over)  also belong here, but I miss it.    

Two Parallel Round Loops(ABOK #1084),   
          Lee's Twin Bowline left and right version,
          Lee's Double loops knot (two loops are more parallel) They sharing the same base (false Alpine Butterfly knot.)
          謝謝  alanlee.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:00:37 AM by eric22 »

Tom_Zal

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »
Thanks Alan, that helps me visualize the relationships better. I found ABOK #1084 difficult to dress, and I would have never bothered to learn it with the somewhat complicated procedure, but after your comment I see it's basically the same as #1100, now I find it easy to tie and easi-er to dress. (with the #1100 being rather easy because it's the Alpine Butterfly plus one step).

I will have to take another look at Lee's Double Loop Knot and see if I can fit it into family, in my mind (the method in your video for tying in the bight).

alanleeknots

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »
Hi All,
         I have two new loop here, Lee's Double loop knot (Version 1) and (Version 2). Well secure, quite easy to tie and untie,
         when I have time, I will make a  video how to tie these two knots.

謝謝  alanlee.

alanleeknots

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 08:08:18 AM »
Hi All,
          I have another neat little knot here, quite easy to tie and holding very well with medium load,
          will do more testing, when I get my hydraulic unit build.
          Also I have make some videos how to tie all the knots above.
            alanleeknots at you tube.   謝謝 alan lee.

alanleeknots

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »
Hi All,
           I have another Beautiful PET & TIB loop here, also can tie in one continuous motion.

Happy New Year.   謝谢  alanlee.

Groundline

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
I'm waiting for your YouTube video of quick tying Lee's Double Loop Knot. Your pictures and videos are top quality.

alanleeknots

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 10:56:57 PM »
Hi All,
         Groundline, Thanks for the reply, for now I just show a photo how to tie this loop, after New year then I can make a video. 
                           謝谢  alanlee

KnotingA

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 03:25:08 AM »
I find these knots strangely desirable ! thanks for sharing

alanleeknots

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 07:47:43 AM »
Hi All, 
        I will make a video for this TIB "Lee's  Double Cross bowline".
        謝谢  alanlee

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:31:02 PM by eric22 »

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 10:59:19 AM »
Looks nice Alan. Can the knot be loaded on one end only and if so does it matter which end?

Sweeney

alanleeknots

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 12:44:20 AM »
Hi All, Sweeney,Thanks for the reply.seem like it may able to load at either end,
        only with load test then we can tell what it can do.
        This Lee's Double Cross bowline look like is BY RE-ARRANGEMENT,"simple" transformation from  bowline-on-the-bight,
        it can be yes or no, in my case is no.
        Here I like to share how I discouver this knot, First photo, I work on Double connection loop (Mathhew Walker knot)
        and I found this Double loop, I try to untie the loop from the bight, but there still have a overhand knot in the loop.

So I go for Plan B, see second photo, I re-arrange the two cross over overhand knot of the "Double connection loop"
        to the opposite side, and thing happening here, it turn out is a TIB double loop.

This Lee's Double Cross bowline, is a little complicate tie, but is a well secure, rock solid knot and very easy to untie.
        Well most of the great knots already discover by some one long ago. this is just another kont that does exist in the
        knots land and I am the one happen to fond it , so don't expect too much.
          謝谢  alanlee

alanleeknots

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 09:12:45 AM »
Hi All, This Left and Right hand Double bowline, well secure, easy to untie, I lost my judgement not sure it is hard to tie or not?
          may be some one can tell me.  謝谢  alanlee
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:14:29 AM by eric22 »

alanleeknots

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 06:11:05 PM »
Hi All,
           Here a TIB double bowline by re-arrangement from Lee's Bowline on a bight,
           she look good to me.  謝谢  alanlee