Author Topic: The R-Cachet Bend  (Read 10330 times)

Luca

Re: The R-Cachet Bend
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »
Hi xarax and all,

Notice that I had used, and rearranged, the very same bend, with the Tail Ends beyond the overhands left as long as "before" ( or as after"  :))

Yes :)/ :-[, in fact I thought about doing the "before" photo after,when I had untied that knot: I apologize, hoping that the difference in length of the tails does not create confusion.

enhaut

• Exp. Member
Some others
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 10:37:47 PM »
Here is 3 more "Wheel House" bend.
The effect I reach for is not always met; I want the mechanism to shrunk the structure toward the center of the knot as in Abok 1424 or in the Cachet bend. This effect of "helix vs helix" gives strength an reliability to the bend.
The bend name Almost Cubic reminds me of the Xarax's cube, hence the name.
The bend name Longer is presented in the end with hollow Dyneema, in this case, when you pull the standings parts, it is worth noting that "less tension" arrives at the overhand center's part.
Concerning the usage of white rope I beg to differ with Xarax. When one wants to drawn over the photo it gaves some benefits.

enhaut

• Exp. Member
Bowline finish
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 01:25:16 AM »
I have tied this grey one beauty and it's agreable to work with.
I agree; there is lot of way to finish the "Wheel House", your bowline final touch is quite nice and not prone of jamming I think.
The bowline collar  "pliable" at the joint gives an easy access to untie the formation.
In my test the standings parts under tension align perfectly in the same axe.
For my part I am still working on another solution  in which the knot shrink toward the center nub.

enhaut

• Exp. Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
why don't you just reverse the way you load them in the first place, and see what happens next ?
I dont get what you mean by that.
ABOK 1424 gives us a perfect example of what I am aiming for; when you look "under" the bend (the part where the tags ends exit) you see the 'jaws' of the "Wheel House" acting as two perfect interlocking "U" shapes.
This effect is made possible by the "inversion" of the "Wheel House" when the "elbows sections" passe through the center void.
Is this the only way to reach this configuration, I dont know yet.
Images= "Wheel House" all by itself.
Showing the rotational effect of the standings ends pulling.
The vise.

enhaut

• Exp. Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
a knot where the two links are already tightly squeezed on each other and thus immobilized
Do we agree that;
 the topmost frame of the first picture (Spacing) in my previous post shows this state (the result of pulling the tags ends in the png you are showing)?

enhaut

• Exp. Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 05:45:34 PM »
Yeah I get it now! Thanks
Done some tests, the bite is excellent;
from this form there is a bunch of excellent prospects waiting to be uncover.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:47:25 PM by enhaut »

enhaut

• Exp. Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 06:29:36 PM »
I agree on the process.
There is one point though;
retucked ABoK#1424 you have presented
I never presented such a bend but I did presented a retuck Cachet Bend (not the R-Cachet who turn out to be abok 1424).
The Cachet is made of an overhand/elbow squeezing a "Wheel House", the overhand part being form before the Wheel House.
The R-Cachet was an attempt to reverse this procedure thus "Wheel House" before elbow with the now known result.

enhaut

• Exp. Member
Asher
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 03:18:04 PM »
It seems that Harry Asher like the pulling of the working ends for closing a knot too.
Here in the Knotting Matters issue of March 1997 he proposed something alike.
The two interlocking overhand figures are embraced to behave in that way.
I did a test with a rigid gripping rope, this sesame thing seems to jam easily.
I took the liberty to add color for lisibility purpose.

anything