Author Topic: Well secure quick release loop.  (Read 12505 times)

alanleeknots

Well secure quick release loop.
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:35:24 AM »
Hi All,
       This is a very well secure solid loop, it have 4 ropes diameter on the nipping loop, only need one step to
       untie. I found it is easier to untie this way, release the main collar and draw some line out,
       give the bight of the tail a twist, and then you pull the tail everything will fall apart.

謝謝  alan lee       

xarax

Re: Well secure quick release loop.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:48:54 AM »
   I believe that the single "toggle" mechanism, by the slipped Tail End perpendicularly to the axis of loading, is adequately secure - you do not need to repeat it for a second time, because, that way, your loop is released in two stages, not one ! It is not an "exploding" loop any more.
   Are you not satisfied with the loop you had presented some time ago ? ( and which is also somewhere in the ABoK, if I am not mistaken - but I can not search for it right now )( See the attached picture ).

This is not a knot.

Luca

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:57:34 PM »
Hi Alan and xarax,

I personally like this loop: it is true that theoretically needs two stages to be untied, but the on the practical side,as Alan describes, I easily untied the knot with a single pull on the tail,after loading it as much as I could (which however are not the loads that Alan has the opportunity to apply).
If this loop is more secure than other, simpler, toggled loops, it seems to me that one can pay a (very little!) price with respect to complexity of execution if the situation requires the use of a secure loop that can be untied very quickly(in practice).
With regard to the definitions of "exploding" and "quick release", I personally tend to follow knot4u:

I put the Highwayman and the Tumble in a special category of "exploding" hitches. They are beyond merely quick release. As you know, an exploding hitch is a hitch that causes the rope to be completely removed from the object when the slip is pulled out.

In contrast, the Siberian is not an exploding hitch, but it is quick release. I put the Siberian in the same category as the Slipped Buntline, the Halter, the Highpoint, etc.

Maybe one day someone will discover how to make a fixed exploding double loop!

Bye!

alanleeknots

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 06:02:41 AM »
Hi All,
        Xarax and Lucas, Thanks very much for your reply. with your replied then I know what I have created.
        Here is another one stage release loop, only good for softer ropes, complicated to tie, over all not too bad to untie,
        is a well secure good looking valid knot.

謝謝  alan lee 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:39:51 AM by eric22 »

alanleeknots

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 06:05:25 AM »
More photos.

alanleeknots

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 06:28:31 AM »
Hi All,

Here is the improve version of this one stage release loop.

謝謝  alan lee

This is half inch solid braid used rope, no idea what is the breaking strength of the this rope.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:01:46 AM by eric22 »

alanleeknots

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 06:32:00 AM »
More photos.

alanleeknots

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 06:33:46 AM »
More photos.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:53:09 AM by eric22 »

xarax

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »
   It seems as the rope at the neck of the loop was "cut" in two by this tight one-rope-diameter collar at the continuation of the returning eye leg.
   If the slipped Tail End can be pulled out easily at 3000 ( can it ? ), and the rope breaks at 3500, I guess this loop is an easily/quickly releasable loop, indeed.
This is not a knot.

alanleeknots

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 12:57:17 AM »
Hi All,
        Xarax and Luca  thanks for your reply, at 3000 lbs. and 3500 lbs. I have to work on the main collar for few time to get some slack of the standing part then I can pull the tail loose.

I have another one stage release loop here, see if you guys like it or not.
        I have this 1/4 " rope loaded, I found very easy to untie. I am at home I can't test the blue water rope. It will test it after
        New Year.

Happy New Year to all of you.

謝謝  alan lee

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:34:49 AM by eric22 »

Luca

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 03:08:42 AM »
Hi Alan,

I always liked fireworks and firecrackers for New Year celebrations,now I do not use them anymore since I realized that most domestic animals get scared.
This year I will can replace them with this double fixed loop...because is EXPLODING! :D  Thank you!

Happy holidays and happy new year to you too!

alanleeknots

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 06:55:18 AM »
Hi All,

Luca, when I saw your reply, well it is a good idea, so I give her a trial and I discover this loop here.
        I have to thanks you instead.

You have a great day.

謝謝 alan lee

Maybe one day someone will discover how to make a fixed exploding double loop!

xarax

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »
   Ashley offers the ABoK#1873 solution (1), based on the utilization of the ( slipped or not - slipped is stiffer ) Tail End as a toggle, shown at the attached picture. See also other solutions at (2).

1.  http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=5129.msg33658#msg33658
   2.  http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=4463.0
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:27:02 AM by xarax »
This is not a knot.

alanleeknots

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »
Hi All,
        Thanks again Xarax, very nice to know some other quick release too.

I have one more loop here, I have this 1/4" rope loaded with 350 lbs. I found it is very easy to untie.
         Sure only one test can not be controlled 100%. I will do more test in the future.
         Anyway this loop is more balance than the last 3 loops above,

謝謝  alan lee

xarax

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 01:55:06 AM »
   Another quickly released loop, by P. van de Griend, KM 15.
This is not a knot.