Author Topic: Getting in touch vs too much public exposure.  (Read 2364 times)

KnotNow!

• IGKT-PAB PAST PRESIDENT
Getting in touch vs too much public exposure.
« on: August 12, 2006, 07:34:27 AM »
Hi Skellyog,
  You sent me a private message, which protects both you and me but you did not give me a return mail... so we are still not in personal contact.  Your question could have been public, so I will try to answer that question in public.
   What is the relationship between IGKT, IGKT-PAB and KHWW?
   Most of us ("us" being knotters who have more than half our life spent in the hobby)  post to all three sites.  We also have many members posting to all sites who just disovered knots and the organized knotters.  IGKT-PAB is an "information only" site.  KHWW is a "one man show" and interactive site with huge tallent base on hand.  IGKT is interactive which has been so restrictive in the pst for posting details that many prefer to work with KHWW.  The down side is that KHWW has been "down" more than "up"... open your self to hits from the intrernet world and you will have them.   What made the site easy to post to also made it vunerable.
   I post to both sites.  IGKT has made a "provider change" and seems to be much better... I could recently posted a picture even though I am ignorant of all interntet terms...
  There is no "better" or "best" site.  I visit all sites  twice each day, post when not too pickled.

ROY S. CHAPMAN, IGKT-PAB BOARD.