Author Topic: Zeppelin Loop and Double Dragon Loop - security based on experience  (Read 26433 times)

xarax

Re: Zeppelin Loop and Double Dragon Loop - security based on experience
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »
   If you take 1/5 of the 3000 lb as the safe working load, I'd yield 600 lb.  So it seems all the loops you're testing recently are performing well.

Of course ! Go to sleep now - but, be careful, do not sleep only 1/5 of the time you slept last night, because, if you do it for long, you would nt be able to write so interesting things as this !  :) :) :)
   The idea that anything we say, has to be true only for the 1/5 th of everything, is a solution to my country s debt problem, but it is not a cure for ignorance, I am afraid.   

P.S. Whoever believes that things actually do, or should better do, the 1 /5 th, only, of what they can do, and given that "... an aircraft with an overall safety factor of 5 would probably be too heavy to get off the ground ", he should only travel by car - and because cars would presumably obey the same rule, so they will not go faster than horses, he should better find a nice horse, and gallop straight back to the dawn of civilization - a prudent thing to do, indeed, for us all !  :) If my sailboat s ropes were 5 times heavier than they actually are, I would had been dead and buried ( in the sea, i.e., eaten by the fishes ) a long time ago, because it would had sank - but I suppose THAT would be a good thing for everybody who tries to sell this low-quality merchandise, the fake, so-called "Zeppelin loop" - which, although its quality is the 1 / 5 th of the quality of any of the many safe bowlines, it is attempted to be sold at 5 times the price it deserves !  :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:07:32 PM by xarax »
This is not a knot.

xarax

Re: Zeppelin Loop and Double Dragon Loop - security based on experience
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »
   A knot that jams at the 1 /5 th of the rope s strength, and breaks at the 1 / 5 th of the rope s strength, and slips at the 1 / 5 th of the rope s strength, does almost the 1 /5 x 1/5 x 1/5 of what a 100% knot could do - so, its REAL valueis, say, about the 1 /125 of a 100% knot s value ( that is, it is almost worthless ). Of course, no knot ( not even the fishing knots ) simple enough to be practical can achieve this ideal 100% - but if one is content with less than 1% of that, he should better go back to pre-history... galloping, if necessary !  :)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:36:25 PM by xarax »
This is not a knot.

anything