Author Topic: What knot am I describing?  (Read 1940 times)

VAKMAN

What knot am I describing?
« on: June 06, 2013, 02:14:35 PM »
Hi all,

im looking to use a knot to tie a single thread around a shaft with each end securely leaving normal to the shaft 180 degrees from the other. Imagine a 0.2mm thread around a 5mm shaft, loading in a transverse direction on each end. Obvious choices like a strangle or constrictor knot are not suitable as the end bunch together on the shaft when tightened. Anyone have any ideas?

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
Re: What knot am I describing?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 03:05:24 PM »
Hi all,

im looking to use a knot to tie a single thread around a shaft with each end securely leaving normal to the shaft 180 degrees from the other. Imagine a 0.2mm thread around a 5mm shaft, loading in a transverse direction on each end. Obvious choices like a strangle or constrictor knot are not suitable as the end bunch together on the shaft when tightened. Anyone have any ideas?
See the Sheepshank Pouch Knot at the bottom of this page:
http://notableknotindex.webs.com/sheepshank.html

You'll have two strands on one side of the shaft and one strand on the other side of the shaft.
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

VAKMAN

Re: What knot am I describing?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
Hi all,

See the Sheepshank Pouch Knot at the bottom of this page:
http://notableknotindex.webs.com/sheepshank.html

You'll have two strands on one side of the shaft and one strand on the other side of the shaft.

That's pretty much exactly what i was looking for. I knew it existed but had no idea of the name. Many many thanks  ;)