Author Topic: Putting up Christmas tree  (Read 1685 times)

Urfin

Putting up Christmas tree
« on: December 24, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »
I would like to ask for some help with the following task:
I need to set up a not very large (artificial) Christmas tree vertically on a plastic table. The idea is to attach some lines to the trunk and then to tension them and make them hold the tree. Maybe there should be a second point of attachment (like in the second picture) to prevent the movement of the lower end. the question is what to use for the attachment to the trunk and how best and easiest to tension the lines going to the corners (or sides) of the table. I was thinking of a Jury Mast to hold the tree but maybe there's something better? What if it was a smooth pole to be held vertically, can any of the pole hitches be somehow convinced to provide several points of attachment? What to use for attaching the lines to the table? It's possible for example to use a Trucker's Hitch on each line, but that's a lot of knotwork, especially if there will be two trunk attachment points and two sets of tension lines? Any thoughts welcome

James Petersen

• Exp. Member
Re: Putting up Christmas tree
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 06:07:51 AM »
You might tie constrictors in the middles of two lengths of cordage and tie them near the top of the tree, at right angles to one another. You could then secure each of  the four ends around the legs of the table with a loops and a taughtline hitches.