Author Topic: Can anyone identify this knot?  (Read 3049 times)

miro

Can anyone identify this knot?
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
It seems that all other globe knots I came across are much more uniform. I also went trough ABOK a couple of times but wasnt able to indentify exactly this kind of construction.
Thank You

X1

• Inactive
Re: Can anyone identify this knot?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:14:40 PM »
   I do not believe that this weaving is "uniform" - I can not see which is the pattern the strands are following.
   However, it is beautiful ! May be this is because of the globular shape. See the picture of another globe I came across recently, where the strands are not weaved at all !  :)

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »
It seems that all other globe knots I came across are much more uniform. I also went trough ABOK a couple of times but wasnt able to indentify exactly this kind of construction.

This looks like a globe knot from Don Burrhus' "Globe Knot Cookbook" see http://www.knottool.com/gk_kit.html.

Barry

miro

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »
[
I do not believe that this weaving is "uniform" - I can not see which is the pattern the strands are following.
   However, it is beautiful ! May be this is because of the globular shape. See the picture of another globe I came across recently, where the strands are not weaved at all !

That is exactly what is intriguing to me, it leaves an impression of complex and non uniform structure, altough if you trace the lines with a pencil you will find that it is symetrical with  lines following almost circular route.
I would really like to find what it is.

anything