Author Topic: A new knot ? The Grosman Double Bite Bowline (with loop adjustment).  (Read 4582 times)

Bert Grosman

Hi Everybody ! My name is Bert and I think I have come up with a new type of bowline knot which is real easy to tie and has a unique feature that locks the tail end of the bowline twice. This second bite can also slide down and close the loop to make a tight fit as well.
My Uncle Leon Grosman (RIP), inspired me to make this knot because he had originally taught me how to tie a bowline using the slip-knot technique which I found to be much easier to tie than the old "rabbit around the tree and back thru the hole? technique normally used to tie a bowline.
Should I post pictures of it and/or make a video of the knot and post it up on this thread or make a video and post it on YouTube first ? ?
Thanx for any input.

Bert Grosman

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
Re: A new knot ? The Grosman Double Bite Bowline (with loop adjustment).
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:49:13 PM »
Should I post pictures of it and/or make a video of the knot and post it up on this thread or make a video and post it on YouTube first ? ?
Pictures or diagrams tend to be much clearer (remember to show the free end of the rope and keep your hands out of the way) and require much less bandwidth which will give you give you a wider audience.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:55:29 PM by roo »
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

Notable Knot Index

Dan_Lehman

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
Welcome, Bert!

+1 to Roo's reply.

You can of course do both, but it can be easier for us to assess
a simple photo --and just one of the tied knot, loose enough to
determine where parts are (coupled with an image showing the
knot set as intended) should suffice (as opposed to gratuitous
images of step-1, step-2, ... which IMO are usually obvious).

Btw, please, it is "bight" not "bite" that you want to speak of.

Cheers,
--dl*
====

Dan_Lehman

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 06:48:21 AM »
Bert, are you there --with the knot?!

:)