Author Topic: Help with several things, please?  (Read 10225 times)

amykathleen2

Re: Help with several things, please?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »
Thank you so much, Sweeney, I think I got it!  And just in time, too, I only have a few hours left before I need to be at the theatre.  Thank you!!!!!!!!  *happy dance*  :D

Luca

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
Hy Amy,

As regards the problem # 4, the Double Fisherman knot linked by Sweeney,can be used to close the leather cord ,or,in this case,you can opt for the simplest version of this knot, which in effect is the knot with which more commonly are closed the homemade necklaces:

http://daveroot.netau.net/Knots/Knots_Bends.htm#FishermansKnot

You  will can see which of the two knots eats less hair (I am not sure if this can also depend on the material (the leather) that you use)!

Bye!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:58:59 AM by Luca »

swanoonie

• Flickr Photostream
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
I'm glad you found a satisfactory answer here! But I'm also surprised that no one has directly countered your assertion that knots are ugly. The answer is very subjective to the person, of course, but I also suspect that there exists somewhere a knot you'll openly wear with pride once you discover it.

Knots can be dazzlingly gorgeous, elegantly refined, or prosaic and utilitarian. Look up the group Mateloteurs on facebook for examples of the first two!

knot4u

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »
When she said knots are ugly, I think she meant a knot on the back of the neck is ugly compared to a straight rope without a knot. I agree.