Author Topic: Book Review - "Advanced Knoting" by Maurice McPartlan  (Read 4066 times)

Phil_The_Rope

• Exp. Member
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
    • www.gr8-knots.com
Book Review - "Advanced Knoting" by Maurice McPartlan
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
Hello All.

I recently completed a book review on Maurice's "Advanced Knotting". I will send this for inclusion in "Knotting Matters", but in the meantime I'm attaching the review here.

Regards,

Phil "The Rope"
http://www.gr8-knots.com

KnotMe

• The Chinese Knotting Homepage
Re: Book Review - "Advanced Knoting" by Maurice McPartlan
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »
Interesting sounding.  The metal knots in the video... tied and then cast, right?  Not tied with wire?

Do you have any publishing info?  Publisher?  Price? Release date?

Thanks for sharing.

Phil_The_Rope

• Exp. Member
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
    • www.gr8-knots.com
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
Hi Carol

Metal knots - yes, I believe these were tied and then cast, rather than tied with wire (boy, that would be a challenge!). The intention was to try but it proved too difficult. Generally, where silver casts are shown, the book also shows the knot from which they were cast.

The book is ready for release and will likely retail at ?14.99 (including postage and packing), although distribution and payment methods need sorting out. If the IGKT can be persuaded to stock and sell it then that would solve the problem!

In the meantime, IGKT members can contact Maurice McPartlan, whose contact details are in the membership list - He'd rather not post his details on the forum.

Regards,

Phil

MKL

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:48:35 PM »
Attached the title of the book as was unable to save the title page to small enough file.

KnotsforJamie

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
Hi Phil

I'm a newbie, (Louise) and am so happy to have access to the review of this book.  I cannot wait to read the review.

Thanks for posting it!

KnotsforJamie
Louise

Hello All.

I recently completed a book review on Maurice's "Advanced Knotting". I will send this for inclusion in "Knotting Matters", but in the meantime I'm attaching the review here.

Regards,

Phil "The Rope"
http://www.gr8-knots.com