Author Topic: New look to the forum!  (Read 3558 times)

Frayed Knot Arts

• Knot too smart at times....
    • Frayed Knot Arts
New look to the forum!
« on: September 21, 2011, 02:24:49 AM »
OK:  THAT was startling!

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
  • IGKTPAB Immediate Past President
    • The Knot Guy
Re: New look to the forum!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 02:35:38 AM »
You want change?  Let us know....

SR

Frayed Knot Arts

• Knot too smart at times....
    • Frayed Knot Arts
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:04:13 AM »
You want change?  Let us know....

SR

Too late... We already GOT it.

Gotta say I really like the SMF format... I liked it back when it was the YaBB format by ZEF H. and friends.   (Like any three of youse will even know what all THAT is about!  pHROZEN fOR-eVER!!)

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:08:59 AM »
There is a message on the opening page to the effect that the forum has had a major upgrade and suggesting that it is to be reskinned - the appearance is probably one of many available. The message seems to be intermittent though!

Barry

DDK

• Exp. Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:13:46 PM »
:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

THANK YOU! The post editing window no longer continually flips up to the top of your post obscuring your current typing.  -- DDK

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:14:33 PM by DDK »

Wed

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »
???

Just checking

Edit: The facechange doesn't affect characters such as Swedish.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:56:51 PM by Wed »

Dan_Lehman

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
Edit: The facechange doesn't affect characters such as Swedish.

Ya, dem Swedes can be some characters !!
You betcha!

:D

DDK

• Exp. Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
. . . Ya, dem Swedes can be some characters !! . . .You betcha!

I think it is the lutefisk which builds their character!?!    :D   ( It is gelatinous in texture, and has an extremely strong, pungent odor. Its name literally means "lye fish.")1  -- DDK

1  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:11:45 PM by DDK »

Wed

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45:52 PM »
I'd say we're characters indeed. Not to mention the characters we use that is not part of the English language.

The mere idea of coming up with a dish such as lutfisk is strange in itself. But I think your sorce is wrong. Most of it fits, but to the best of my knowledge (and experience). That fish is odorless.

Now, fermented herring (surstr?mming) on the other hand, is a dish of fish, best served in remote areas. The bulging cans should be opened (actually, they shouldn't be opened at all, but turned in to secure waste disposal) under water in a bucket.

Neither fish is part of my diet though.

DDK

• Exp. Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 06:02:47 PM »
I'd say we're characters indeed. Not to mention the characters we use that is not part of the English language.

The mere idea of coming up with a dish such as lutfisk is strange in itself. But I think your sorce is wrong. Most of it fits, but to the best of my knowledge (and experience). That fish is odorless.

Now, fermented herring (surstr?mming) on the other hand, is a dish of fish, best served in remote areas. The bulging cans should be opened (actually, they shouldn't be opened at all, but turned in to secure waste disposal) under water in a bucket.

Neither fish is part of my diet though.

"Lutefisk prepared from cod is somewhat notorious, even in Scandinavia, for its intense (and to those unacquainted with the dish, offensive) odor. Conversely, lutefisk prepared from pollock or haddock emits almost no odor."1

The same reference does mention that it can be odorless.  I also have had more of the odorless variety (probably a more reasonable item to bring to a church potluck !?!  :o ).

DDK

1  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:12:06 PM by DDK »

anything