Author Topic: An apology from the WebAdmin  (Read 1542 times)

WebAdmin

• Administrator
An apology from the WebAdmin
« on: July 22, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »
Dear All,

You have probably noticed that I have been particularly out of touch since January.  I am very sorry for that.

At the beginning of last September my family became caught up on the prosecution side of a police investigation.  They advised us that we are victims of a breach of trust, by an intimate family friend of 10 years standing.  At the end of September my husband?s mental health collapsed completely, and I struggled very badly carrying on with any of my normal activities, focusing simply on trying to keep the family running (my children are 11 and 6, now 7).

As the investigation approached the plea hearing in early March, caring became more intensive, and similarly during the long wait between the guilty plea on 14 charges, one of which directly concerned our family, and the sentencing in mid-May.  The person involved was finally sentenced to 4.5 years, with lifetime restrictions on his conduct after his release.  This was after reductions for a variety of factors.

My husband?s mental health is now fairly stable, but not yet fully recovered.  Daily life has altered for us, despite our efforts to maintain normality for the children, and part of the knock-on effect of that was that I became unable to do any kind of work for the IGKT for a while.  I am now trying to take enough grip of life that I achieve two or three things in a day, rather than only one.

I know you have all been very patient with me, even though you didn?t know what was going on, because I have had peace and space in which to get life back together, and I thank you all for that.

I have also learned, amongst several other things, that my Lord shakes our lives so that the things that cannot be shaken will remain (Hebrews 12:27).  He remained, for we knew nothing and had control of nothing either before the investigation reached us, or after it changed the course of our lives.  He protected us in ways we only vaguely understand even now, and I am very glad that He is God, for without Him I would have no hope at all.

It may take me a little while to get back into the swing of things, but I am especially keen to continue to work on finding a new format for the website.  I've spent the last few weeks catching up on post, although my access is limited to weekly at present at the local library.  But as far as I'm aware I've caught up on all the outstanding post.

Thank you again,

Regards

Glenys Chew

Lesley
WebAdmin

alpineer

Re: An apology from the WebAdmin
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »
Wow,
Glenys, I wish you and your family all the best with lots of support from all your friends. With your faith and your attitude I know that you will prevail.

Brett

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
  • IGKTPAB Immediate Past President
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
Dear Glenys,

Here's wishing you and your family continuing peace and wellness.

Lindsey

Essexman

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »
Best wishes to you and yourfamily. Lots of positive thoughts sent your way.

Phil_The_Rope

• Exp. Member
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
    • www.gr8-knots.com
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 04:14:30 PM »
Hi Glenys

Lots of best wishes to you and your family, and I hope you are all able to get over this traumatic experience (which I know won't be easy, but my thoughts are with you).

Hopefully, I'll soon be able to help you with your web site"duties".

Phil

deckhandiana

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 03:39:44 PM »
I hope the future becomes rosier for you, Glenys.  Keep your faith strong.

Best wishes,

Diana.