Author Topic: Ultimate Book of Decorative Knots  (Read 9970 times)

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
  • IGKTPAB Immediate Past President
    • The Knot Guy
Ultimate Book of Decorative Knots
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:59:56 PM »
Hi all,

I am going to be getting some advance copies of my new book next week, available by mail on-line only otherwise after December 8, and am willing to send them to you, signed, for US$15 plus shipping with a weight of 4.5 pounds or 2 kilos, depending on how your post office calculates things.  I will mark it as a gift for those who wish it that way (hint, hint).  If you are interested let me know by PM on the site here with your details (name, address, preferred sending method and any special inscription and whether to be sent by US mail, UPS, FedEx or other) and I will make it so.  The book contains details of decorative knots in over 1600 photographs, described in 100,000+ words on 625 pages of color.  If you need details let me know and I will either post information here or send by PM.

Thanks for reading!   ;D

Lindsey
AKA SR

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
Re: Ultimate Book of Decorative Knots
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:47:15 AM »
Hi Lindsey

Put me down for one please (in the UK books are VAT free but please mark as a gift anyway!). You have all my details of course. Shipping by whatever method is cheapest (surface mail via UPS or Fedex if they do that, US mail otherwise). I leave the inscription to you. Can you send me a bill via PayPal?

Barry

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »
Hi Barry!

Will do and thanks for the request - I'll let you know what the least expensive method and time will be later today.

Lindsey

oldpete

• Trusted New Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »
Lindsey I would also like a copy sent to the UK, not sure what method of payment? Do you have a paypal account? I do not mind people knowing my email address (i have found the delete button) it is ppfjames1@aol.com. I have a feeling it is incorrect on the membership list?
Pete James

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »
Hi Pete,

Many thanks for asking and yes, I do have a Paypal account.  I'll let you know later today (I am on California time which is eight hours behind the UK) what the postage cost is.  Cheers!

Lindsey

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
Here is the shipping news:

Shipping (I will pay for the wrapping in bubble-wrap) in a USPS envelope with tape wrapped around it for more protection, at lowest available cost to the following:

Australia $26.63
Canada US$24.79
Sweden $26.63
UK $26.63
US addresses $4.75

Time to destination is estimated at 3 - 6 days for international (I am shipping from California) and 2 days for domestic in USA.

What I need from you, if you still want the book sent and autographed by me:

Name (also any details of inscription if you want that - otherwise I will sign and date only on the face of the copyright page)
Address with post code
e-mail or other ID for PayPal payments (US$15 plus shipping as noted above)
If no payment by PayPal please send me an e-mail so that we can discuss other payment options.

The best (and safest) way to contact me with the above is by PM at this site.  8)

Thanks!

Lindsey

mysticknotwork

• Trusted New Poster
    • MysticKnotWork
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:29:00 AM »
Lindsey,
  Please send me two copies one for my Uncle: Jim Beaudoin and one for myself.  My paypal email is info@mysticknotwork.com .  I may have preordered by Amazon, but if I did, I'm sure I can find a home for the third copy, probably at the Custom House Museum..

Thanks,
Matt Beaudoin
been knotworking since before I could ride a bike, but still can't get it right.

Matt @
www.mysticknotwork.com

Phil_The_Rope

• Exp. Member
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
    • www.gr8-knots.com
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 12:35:30 PM »
Hi Lindsey!

Must have.

An instcription "Get Knotted!" would be nice (it's an expression I use frequently, and use it as a header on my web site).

Cheapest posage will be fine. My address is in the membership handbook/DVD.

Look forward to receiving a copy.

Kind Regards,

Phlil "The Rope" Cook

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
Hi Matt and Phil!

I have sent out a PayPal request to both of you today - pardon my brief delay in getting back to you, please.  Phil, the USPS is charging me a greater sum than they originally quoted and will not back down.  Details are in the PayPal invoice I sent.  Let me know what you would like to do please?

Lindsey

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
Message to all who live outside the USA:

The USPS have refused to honor their stated costs from their web-site and are now insisting at the post office counter on a higher postage of $41.28 instead of the previously quoted $26.63 for UK.  Other countries are also higher - please let me know if you have questions - thanks!   ::)

Lindsey

PS  Those outside the USA who previously paid should expect delivery for no added cost, so I am absorbing the added cost of sending your books.  You should see them within the next few days - enjoy!

Wed

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »
Bugger!

It is understandable that you wish to stand by your word ... price. Very noble! But it feels a bit awkward seeing you ending up in the red on the whole deal. Of course the USPS should take the wrap for the information they have given.

Bottom line, I'd be willing to add the difference. Just say the word.

oldpete

• Trusted New Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 12:30:32 AM »
I to am prepared to pay the extra just send me a paypal demand.

Pete

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 12:53:52 AM »
Hi Wed and Pete,

As you said I gave my word and I will stick with it - thanks for offering anyway!  My lesson should not be your lesson, so let's call it quits and I hope you will find something to keep your fingers busy over the next few weeks!  It is all about the knotting, not about the mistake I made.  Let me know what you think of the book, please - it took two years to get into print and I hope that I have something there for everyone to enjoy and use.  Make us all proud!   ;D

Lindsey

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »
Hi Lindsey

I was out all day yesterday - I took my grandson to the "biggest toy shop in the world" (Hamley's in London supposedly) so did not see your message until this morning. I appreciate your gentlemanly approach to this but don't hesitate to send me a bill if you can overcome your feelings of honour.

Barry

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »
Hi Barry,

Hamley's sounds like it was fun!  I have only once been there but I have been to FAO Schwarz in New York several times - both toy stores are very enjoyable places to be.  I hope you were able to find a toy or two for yourself?

Lindsey
PS  My feelings of honour are intact and well with my spirit  :-X