Author Topic: Scuba Lewis saying "Hello"  (Read 1203 times)

Scuba Lewis

• Diving Italy Forum
Scuba Lewis saying "Hello"
« on: October 26, 2010, 04:52:58 AM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Lewis aka "Scuba Lewis" and I, well...I like to dive ;)  I first became interested in knot tying after taking a search and recovery course where we had to learn how to tie a bowline, sheetbend, and the clove hitch blind folded and then at night in the water (which is basically blind folded again).  The idea being that if someone lost something or you are in a salvage situation you probably aren't in the Caribbean crystal blue waters in the middle of the day with a martini, the water is probably murky and you're going to make that situation worse by moving around the object tying ropes onto the item and getting it off the ocean floor. This experience really woke me up to the usefulness of knots and the joy of knotting.

I went on after that experience to explore making my own nets and recently added another tool to my netting toolbox thanks to the positive identification of a net that  saw in Egypt by some of the forum members here.

I purchased the Turks head tool from www.knottool.com a while ago and I've been making some beautiful Turks head knots with that and love it.  

I look forward to exploring bell ropes and sea chest beckets over the winter and with the help from the forum  ;D

See you in and around the water,

Lewis
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:58:00 PM by Scuba Lewis »
Underwater Knot Person
Personal Quote:  "What dropped?"

PatDucey

• IGKT Pacific Americas Branch
Re: Scuba Lewis saying "Hello"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 07:41:27 PM »
Welcome aboard, Lewis.  If you tie some knots for the dive boat, please take a picture and post them.

Pat

Scuba Lewis

• Diving Italy Forum
Re: Scuba Lewis saying "Hello"
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:57:12 PM »
Will do Pat!
Underwater Knot Person
Personal Quote:  "What dropped?"