Author Topic: Book for 11 year old  (Read 2581 times)

dmacdd

• Exp. Member
    • My Knot Pages
Book for 11 year old
« on: July 17, 2010, 01:27:21 AM »
I was recently asked by an acquaintance who knew I am interested in knots to recommend a book on the subject suitable for an 11 year old who shows some interest in the subject.  I do not know whether her interest arose in connection with a particular activity. I got the impression that she is showing an interest in knots as such.

I was and am at a loss.

Any suggestions?

David

KnotMe

• The Dao of Silk
Re: Book for 11 year old
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:19:51 AM »
There's a Klutz book (kids art and craft book series) on knots, but depending on the 11 yr old she could go straight to any good, well illustrated book like Budworth.  Of course, if we are talking "her" then "Hemp Masters: Ancient Hippie Secrets for Knotting Hip Hemp Jewelry" by Matt Lunger or "Chinese Knotting: Creative Designs that are Easy and Fun!" by Lydia Chen might hold the interest, it all depends on the kid.

aknotter

• Exp. Member
  • Member IGKT-PAB since 2000
    • Pacific Americas Branch of the IGKT
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 04:18:46 AM »
Give her the links to this site, KHWW.NET, IGKTPAB.ORG, and the KNOT_TYERS group on Yahoo. Let her view the galleries and she should be able to let you know what type of knotwork would hold her interest.    :)
Jimmy R Williams - IGKTPAB Secretary/Treasurer
Site: IGKTPAB.ORG Email: IGKTPAB@GMAIL.COM
Event Pix: PICASAWEB.GOOGLE.COM/IGKTPAB

dmacdd

• Exp. Member
    • My Knot Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 02:20:30 PM »
After further discussion, the 11 year old's father decided to get her Budworth's Ultimate Encyclopedia.  Thanks for the suggestions.

SpitfireTriple

• Seek Truth
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 07:01:18 AM »
That's what I would have suggested.  I wrote a long review for it on amazon.uk.