Author Topic: New Bedford in October  (Read 9895 times)

mysticknotwork

• Trusted New Poster
    • MysticKnotWork
Re: New Bedford in October
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 03:14:27 AM »
Thank you Bob and the rest of the guild for a great time and a warm welcome.  Des, I especially appreciate your inspiration and advice.

Vince, I wish you could be there, but I know we will see each other soon enough.  In the meantime, I found a link to the local article on the meeting. 

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091010/NEWS/910100334
been knotworking since before I could ride a bike, but still can't get it right.

Matt @
www.mysticknotwork.com

SS369

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »
And now that the New Bedford meeting has come and gone, leaving wonderful memories, new friends and faces to go with some older friends, there is a question in my mind.

It is: What would be the etiquette of posting some of the pictures of the meeting that include the faces of some of the members and possibly some public in them.

Not all names are known of course, so contact is out the porthole and even some will be unremembered (alas the foibles of age).
So does anyone or everyone have an opinion on this?

SS

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
  • IGKTPAB Immediate Past President
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »
A great meeting of the minds and a warm welcome by the staff and members of the Museum also.  I would definitely echo Matt and Scott's sentiments - thank you one and all!

Lindsey
PS  My two cents on photos?  Publish and be damned!

mysticknotwork

• Trusted New Poster
    • MysticKnotWork
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 10:17:29 PM »
And now that the New Bedford meeting has come and gone, leaving wonderful memories, new friends and faces to go with some older friends, there is a question in my mind.

It is: What would be the etiquette of posting some of the pictures of the meeting that include the faces of some of the members and possibly some public in them.

SS

Lindsey, "PS  My two cents on photos?  Publish and be damned!"

I would really appreciate a series of mugshots... or baseball cards.  Right now, thinking back on the weekend, I see and overwhelming force of nice faces, new approaches, expert opinions, and a culture that I am driven towards.  As to names...I am embarassed to realize that I only recall a small handful of name/face pairs.  Having a list of felons with their pictures and crimes would go a long way.. For example:  Lorren's work in microscopic goldsmithing should really be considered proof of insanity..

I also got a serious to do list from a number of people.  One wanted me to work on publishing rights and scans of newspaper articles.  I do not for the life of me recall who.  I also think I promised to send sample bracelets to someone's friends giftshop...but again, don't remember who...God, I'm getting old :)

I would like to have a membership list with pictures and areas of interest included.  Heck, if Facebook is a viable conduit, I'd take a break from my turksheads to post any pictures emailed to me ......just an idea..... but I am ok with Lindsey's opinion being our direction.

I fear that only interracting with people at most every 6 months makes it hard to develop a culture.
Matt
been knotworking since before I could ride a bike, but still can't get it right.

Matt @
www.mysticknotwork.com

SS369

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 02:04:03 PM »
Taking the bold step and ready to fair the winds.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22820681@N03/

If anyone has a comment or needs a larger version of the shared photo's, please send me a pm.

SS

mysticknotwork

• Trusted New Poster
    • MysticKnotWork
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 01:15:48 AM »
since I'm not the first, I decided to jump off the bridge with SS:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mysticknotwork/

We just started Flickr last night.. its mostly a Jill thing...
Matt

Matt @
www.mysticknotwork.com

skyout

• Fancy Knots by skyout
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 02:27:29 AM »
Great photos Scott and Matt! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. They are so many nice pieces of knot work all in one place, very inspirational. It looks like all were having a great time, too. Thanks again!

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
  • IGKTPAB Immediate Past President
    • The Knot Guy
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 03:53:05 AM »
Have a look at http://www.igktpab.org/igkt_galleries.html on the Pacific Americas Branch web-site and click on Events on the left margin for even more photographs!   ;D  Nice work Matt and Scott - thanks so much!

SR

anything