Author Topic: Request for limiting the modification of posts  (Read 28212 times)

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Request for limiting the modification of posts
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:36 AM »
Just a question or a couple to whomever may know the answer:
Is there any stored back up of any or all of the info on this forum?

Would this cost excessive if backing up could be put into play?
External hard drives are so inexpensive now and they are huge in data containment.

Hypothetical scenario:
Some poor advice was given and someone went to litigation with it for whatever the reason. Thread got deleted here, but the individual/mouthpiece has a copy of some of it and may be trying to use it out of context.
What's the recourse?

I know, we can do the hypothetical till the cows come home, but I think this brings possible credence to backing up info here.
It would not bother me to have to ask the good individuals slated with the task of moderating here to pull it up if there was a need.

SS

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 01:05:09 AM »
 Unfortunately, with unrestricted editing, the forum does not present an environment in which I would want to share or teach others.
I don't get this.  Xarax can only edit his own posts, not yours.
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

Notable Knot Index

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
  Unfortunately, with unrestricted editing, the forum does not present an environment in which I would want to share or teach others.
I don't get this.  Xarax can only edit his own posts, not yours.

You don't seem to get anything I wrote, oh well.
You realize that if you present a knot, nothing xarax does changes that presentation.  Now, you may choose not to interact with xarax, based on his history, but that is a separate issue.
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

Notable Knot Index