Author Topic: Potentially new knotting pattern for Quick Deploy applications.  (Read 2847 times)

Rich5370

Hello IGKT Forum

I am a new member to the forum and soon, to the IGKT.  Other than pursuing further knowledge in knotting, I am also here to gain insight into a knotting pattern that I feel that I may have developed.  It is not so much a knot per se, but more of a pattern of interwoven loops that create a quick deploy structure that can allow the knotter to pack a large amount of cord into approximately 1/5th of its total length?I was able to pack about 16? of cord into a 3? space.

I feel that it is a very practical application, far more practical than simple overlaid square knotting and other such ways of storing a large amount of cordage that has to be manually untied prior to use. 

Although the set up can be tricky, I have also had success employing it as a wrap as well and find it much more secure and symmetrical than other quick deploy wraps--However, it does suit rectangular applications best.

The knotting pattern was born out of my attempts to find a quick deploy key fob design.  In my searching and both not being satisfied, and experimenting on my own, I feel I have created a unique approach; one that I have not personally run into in any book nor online in my two months of research.

So, I ask you, IGKT forum, before I submit the tutorial, am I in the right place? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q0nn5e5uazjwmj/Knotting%20Tutorial_DragonFlyStitch.pdf?dl=0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:05:49 AM by Rich5370 »

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Potentially new knotting pattern for Quick Deploy applications.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:26:13 AM »
Hello Rich5370 and welcome.

I'm interested in the tutorial.
Perhaps later after some discussions, etc., we can move it to a more rightful place. Right now it is an investigation.

SS

Rich5370

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
I have included a link to a PDF tutorial for the Quick Deploy pattern.

I feel that I have created this pattern.  I have not seen it anywhere.  I expect and appreciate any and all critique.

Thank you.

The PDF is 3MB and is Too large to attach to the post.

Please go to the link below and you view/download it directly from my dropbox account.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q0nn5e5uazjwmj/Knotting%20Tutorial_DragonFlyStitch.pdf?dl=0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:33:50 AM by Rich5370 »

Rich5370

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:35:10 AM »
I discovered recently that I had a bad link.  The link has been fixed.

JohnC

• Exp. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:21:57 AM »
Hi Rich

Welcome to the forum.

I'll try your method with interest - always happy to find a neat way to stash my small stuff.
John

Rich5370

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »
 Thanks John

Let me know how it works for you or if my tutorial is clear enough

Thanks