Author Topic: Ending Knot  (Read 1971 times)

Quinten

Ending Knot
« on: January 13, 2015, 11:50:24 PM »
I'm making this rope as a project and not sure how to end it. Can anyone give me any suggestions. i have 6 working ends and not sure what to do with them. 

a little about me,
My name is Quinten I am a 10+ year Navy Veteran. I have been a member of the website for a few years but only just getting into it a bit more. I was in the Seabees while in the Navy and had a bunch of Boatswains Mates as friends, a lot of them knew this stuff (knotting) but never showed me how to do it. I'm really into it now and want to learn as much as I can.

If you can help or point me in the right direction it would me much appreciated.

Thanks
Quinten

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Ending Knot
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:36:31 AM »
Hello Quiten and welcome.

Not knowing what your project is, I'd quickly suggest the Manrope knot.
Just type that into your search browser, the using the image function and you will find example and a few tutorials.

If that doesn't suit, I am sure we can come up with something fancier.

SS

Quinten

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:12:38 AM »
I'm wrapping a paddle in 550 cord for a fraternity paddle. This rope is going to wrap around the paddle handle loosely. i will need a knot that will make sure it doesnt unwind and looks decrative at the same time. Again I am working with 6 working ends.

PatDucey

• IGKT Pacific Americas Branch
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:38:51 AM »
You could tie a Wall and Crown.

Another solution would be to cover the ends with a Turks Head.  Tighten the TH, cut the ends short, and tuck them under.

Pat

asemery

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:42:06 PM »
There are some wall and crown knot methods of hiding the ends of a project.
http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/about1939.html