Author Topic: IGKT Newb  (Read 3717 times)

AllThingsKnotical

IGKT Newb
« on: October 24, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »
Some projects I've done

Groundline

Re: IGKT Newb
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:26:57 AM »
I especially like the camera lanyard, excellent!
Don't look at the Sun.

capellagroup

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:31:27 AM »
Knots aside, did you take the pic of the Canon with your other Canon?

AllThingsKnotical

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 10:45:50 PM »
LOL 😜

snarly

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »
Welcome to the guild.  Your name suggests that you are new and will even when you are no longer new but your work suggests a high skill level.  Beautiful sennet work.  What sennet did you use in the second picture?  I see that you used double strands but I am not skilled enough to know how many of those double strands you used just by looking.  also, what type of cord did you use?  It lays perfectly in those sennets!  I look forward to seeing more of your stuff. :)

AllThingsKnotical

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »
Yes a newbie to the guild, but not to the knot world. The sennit portion of the lanyard is a 17 strand French sennit. The line is 2.0mm which I get through a company called Nibrol. They make mini blind cord. It's top notch stuff. I'm a Boatswain Mate in the Navy so I'm always teaching and tying ⚓️

xarax

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 01:27:39 AM »
...did you take the pic of the Canon with your other Canon ?

One Canon and two mirrors are enough... :)
This is not a knot.

James Petersen

• Exp. Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 12:01:43 PM »
Beautiful stuff.

Guys, it looks like a Nikon to me.  ;)

--JP

snarly

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »
Yes a newbie to the guild, but not to the knot world. The sennit portion of the lanyard is a 17 strand French sennit. The line is 2.0mm which I get through a company called Nibrol. They make mini blind cord. It's top notch stuff. I'm a Boatswain Mate in the Navy so I'm always teaching and tying ⚓️

Thank you so much for sharing!  I too get a high quality cord similar to what you are using from R & W rope in the states and think that it will do nicely (I just know that it is polyester and looks a lot like the cords on my miniblinds).  I hadn't actually thought about using it for bigger projects other than small turkshead finishes on key fobs but you opened my eyes for sure.  I am positive that I don't have any that are as big as 2mil. but I am sure that I have something that is close enough.  If I manage to make something worth sharing and get my new computer set up I will post my results so you can see how far I need to go to try and catch up with your skill level.  That makes a nice little challenge for me and a worthy goal to keep me working on it.  I hope your holidays were lots of fun.  Thanks again.

Jan van Leiden

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 08:59:42 PM »
nice!

anything