Author Topic: Where can I download KnotMaker software?  (Read 8143 times)

proweddingphotos

Where can I download KnotMaker software?
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
I went to the link listed for KnotMaker and all I find there is that the website is for sale.

Can someone help me with this?

Bill

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Where can I download KnotMaker software?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 04:00:53 AM »
Hello Bill and welcome.

Here is a link to the main page for KnotMaker. http://daveroot.co.cc/KnotMaker/ .
Look to the right top and you will see the link to the download page.

Enjoy!

SS

DerekSmith

• IGKT Member
  • Knot Botherer
    • ALbion Alliance
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »
Hi both,

Dave Root is in the closing stages of completing a launch of V2.0 a complete rewrite with a whole bag of lovely features including the facility to use your own tile set to customise the drawings.

It will be announced here when he launches it.

Derek

DerekSmith

• IGKT Member
  • Knot Botherer
    • ALbion Alliance
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »
Dave has finally release V2 of Knotmaker here http://daveroot.co.cc/KnotMaker/

It is a massive improvement on the old FCB utility and even has the option of creating custom 'ropes', but for me it is the ease with which we can now create a knot using the 'Direct Draw' method - simply click the faces of the square you want to connect with cord and the program sorts out which tile to use, also, we can just sketch the knot without worrying about over under etc, then go along afterwards and move the cords up or down, so they appear above or below other cords - you can even have as many as four cords crossing in the same square ! !

Personally I find the facility to move cords up or down is very helpful in thinking about new configurations of the same 'structure'.

Have fun, but if you discover interesting uses, please post them here and I will let Dave know what folk think of his work.

Derek

zoranz

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 12:25:31 AM »
Hi all,

the latest version KnotMaker 2.1 software is on
http://daveroot.atspace.cc/knotmaker/.

I downloaded 2 days ago, my first touch with it, and after half an hour i made my first scheme - a loop based on ABoK #1408/9. All is very simple and i did mostly things with intuition. I have some experience (not professionally) with AutoCAD, so it can't be told that I am absolute newbie in drawing...
And, of course, I have one objection. There is, for me, a lack that a drawing is not clear (in sense that colors are not enough intensive and lines are thin). So I recommend that the option with choice of line weight (1 pt, 2 pts, ...) would be present. (Sorry, I can not help with software.)
I use *.gif, than with Microsoft Office Picture Maneger i try to repair pic. Sometimes (with changing brightness, contrast and intensity of colors) I get something better wiew, but not always. In attachment is original and my "repaired" version. I am not satisfied with any of two pics.

But, all in all, I am happy that such program exists, It is very usefull! Thx to Dave and Derek for it.

Regards, ZZ
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:07:13 AM by zoranz »

matt_the_knot

• Avid Facebook User!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 02:24:58 PM »
I love this software but all the links are broken and I Goggled it but no joy anyone have any idea's where I can get a working link/copy
Petty Officer (Seaman) RN
No Sea too Rough, No Knot too Tough!!!!

Tex

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »
I have no idea but I did find a page saying that version 2.1 is creative commons licensed "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic"

Which means redistribution is legal and redistribution rights cannot be revoked. So, it's fair game to discuss and even fair game to share/post copies.  Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.