Author Topic: Post your work  (Read 99011 times)

Olegan67

Re: Post your work
« Reply #315 on: December 26, 2016, 02:51:32 PM »
Great eye splice in the morning Rope there very interested in how you done it Olegan67 ?
Thanks.It is not difficulty.You can find it on Y Tube " Oogsplit 8 " ,in that movie shown instruction,how is start eyesplise lock :)

asemery

« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2016, 10:46:07 PM »
Anchor Knot
Made in 1973 from "The Book of Ornamental Knots" by Hensel and Graumont.  Please excuse the age and  other stains (it was glued to a board).  When it fell off the board many years ago it was shoved in a plastic bag which caused the twisting.  I still like it.  Tony

Olegan67

« Reply #317 on: December 27, 2016, 08:16:09 AM »
Anchor Knot
Made in 1973 from "The Book of Ornamental Knots" by Hensel and Graumont.  Please excuse the age and  other stains (it was glued to a board).  When it fell off the board many years ago it was shoved in a plastic bag which caused the twisting.  I still like it.  Tony

Cool, :) it already a curiosity. And you a case do not know?, where on Internet open spaces 8) it is possible to load this book free of charge.

asemery

« Reply #318 on: December 28, 2016, 11:37:55 PM »

Cool, :) it already a curiosity. And you a case do not know?, where on Internet open spaces 8) it is possible to load this book free of charge.

I no longer have my copy of the book. I was not able to find it on google books or other free sites.  Good luck.  Tony

PatDucey

• IGKT Pacific Americas Branch
« Reply #319 on: January 05, 2017, 08:01:46 AM »
I made some paracord reins for my daughter.  I will try to post another photo later, when they are attached to her horse.

Pat

JimmyD

« Reply #320 on: March 31, 2017, 09:03:31 AM »
Hi guys and gals, first post here. truly inspirational work being put up here by you all, great stuff. I'm from Cairns Australia and been tying here and there a few years.
The Red and green bell rope was tied around fifteen years ago and still hasn't seen a bell unfortunately.
I just finished the hemp Bell Rope the other day, I stumbled upon Frayed Knot arts page and used his Pudding method for inspiration as well as the boxed end. Very very good tutorial thanks mate if you see this.
all the rope was hand made two strand and four strand and twisted under my house with a home made twister bizzo. looking forward to chatting with you all and learning lots. Peace.
Jimmy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:11:44 AM by JimmyD »

PatDucey

• IGKT Pacific Americas Branch
« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2017, 06:10:39 AM »
Finally got a photo of the reigns in use, much nicer shot than coiled up on a table, as was posted on this thread on Jan 4.

struktor

• Exp. Member
« Reply #322 on: April 13, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »
Egg

captainbeardcannon

« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

Currently working on some functional and decorative fancy work aboard a 26 meter brigantine. Here is one of the stainless steel lifelines I laid up some 12mm posh line around with some Turks heads using small stuff.

Alex

asemery

« Reply #324 on: May 01, 2017, 07:50:54 PM »
At yard sale last fall I found a stack of 50 small ceramic magnets for a dollar.  I had no immediate plans for them but could not pass up the price.  My wife suggested that I take the clip of some of my zipper pulls and glue them to make refrigerator magnets.  Here is the first batch.  The knots are - single strand star knot and tribolite knot.   Please excuse the blurry photo.

​​​​

Olegan67

« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2017, 06:40:35 AM »
Bellrope for vessel"Max Winner" :)

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2017, 11:48:40 AM »
Nice work!

Celo_11

« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2017, 03:15:27 PM »
Key fobs from crowned 0.6mm single stranded (solid core, for stiffness) electrical wire.

Pretty tricky to start and need a good bit of tightening down to get a real nice solid finish but they look and feel good. Pretty durable too. I've had that blue and white one on my car keys for 20 years or so. Not a stunning collection in the photo as I gave away all the nicest ones I made and haven't made any more for a while. Not a very good photo either, I apologise but you can see what they're like.

The wire mentioned will produce a fob of between 12 and 15mm diameter, depending how much you tighten each layer and also on your wire source. Colours and insulation thickness vary across suppliers. You can see the different quality yellows and greens in the photo. I also found white to be usually always thinly insulated, sometimes blue as well. Make sure you know what you're getting if you buy wire.

You'll need 8 strands x 36" to make aprox 2" of fob. Group them all parallel, twist them together tightly at the midpoint and bend in half to form the loop. Separate the wires into 8 pairs then start straight off with crowning and carefully tighten down the first layer. Tricky as its coming off the twist. Doesn't have to be absolutely perfect though as you can dress the neck and loop later with a bit of 1/4" dowell or similar tool. The wire allows you some leeway there as you can press it into shape to a degree.

The crowning tightens better in one particular direction. From the photo the tightening order would be - white, yellow, red, black. To get a really nice solid fob, you'll need to tighten each layer a few times. The long blue and white fob in the photo was made less tight so is slightly fatter and it has a bit of flex to it. Not much though. The short ones in the photo you can hardly bend at all.

Ends are just tucked down the centre of the fob to finish. Being solid core wire, they stay put nicely.

eric22

« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »
      Beautiful works, I like it.   謝謝 alanlee

asemery

« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
Breast cancer awareness fobs/pulls
 The small pulls are made from the ends left over after  tightening the single strand star knots.