Author Topic: Decorative Fusion Knots - JD of TIAT (Over 50 Free Knot Videos!)  (Read 21292 times)

JD~TIAT

• Exp. Member
  • JD of Tying It All Together
    • Tying It All Together - Knot Videos
Decorative Fusion Knots - JD of TIAT (Over 50 Free Knot Videos!)
« on: December 01, 2009, 02:15:48 AM »
My name is JD...

I'm the creator of the YouTube channel called "Tying It All Together". I've been generating a decorative knot video a week for over a year now and wanted to introduce myself and let the guild community know of my work.

In short, I'm creating new knots, based on the design and techniques associated with a handful of select decorative and functional knots. Although I occasionally show instructions how to tie existing knots (by request or interest). My primary goal is to promote the evolution of decorative knot work - raising it to the level of art, for arts sake, creating new knots as one might paint a new painting.

I call my style of knot work Fusion, on account I "fuse" or combine different knots and knot tying techniques to create new more elaborate decorative knots, never before seen.

If time and interest provides, please take the time to visit my YouTube Channel.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/TyingItAllTogether

Look forward to exchanging ideas with the community,

JD of Tying It All Together (TIAT)

p.s. I'm currently working on a book of existing and newly created decorative knots, which should be available late next year (2010 - Green Candy Press Publishing).

An example of one of my Fusion Knots - "The Celtic Tree of Life Knot" (2009)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:22:00 AM by JD~TIAT »
Explore, Discover, Innovate!

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: Decorative Fusion Knots - JD of TIAT (Over 50 Free Knot Videos!)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »
Hello JD,
Thank you for the good work and the heads up on your Youtube videos.
I'll say this: It makes me want to tie some knots.
Plenty more candidates out there and I am looking forward to seeing what you come in with.

It is an addictive art.

Scott

JD~TIAT

• Exp. Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »
Thanks... I have a lot more Fusion Knot videos lined up (plus I'm nearly finished with the image layouts for the book).

Look forward to exchanging ideas with you in the future.

JD ~ (smile)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:45:28 PM by JD~TIAT »

Znex

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 03:26:27 PM »
Hey JD... Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

I've been following your videos for some time now and have really enjoyed the decorative beauty of the knots you tie. I think it was the Double Coin Knot that really caught my eye. Your video made it easy to understand, simple to tie, and simple to remember.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to the release of your book next year.  :)

JD~TIAT

• Exp. Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »
Thanks... (smile)

I kind'a feel like I waited way to long to post here. I look forward to hashing out tying techniques and discussing knots.

As the weeks move forward I'll post notice of my videos (as they're available). I've got a video lineup pressing well nto 2010 that's rich with Fusion Knots (previews of knots that'll be in the book) and knots requested by viewers - most of which are historical knots (the term I use for knots that were created prior to 1979 - the year IGKT updated ABOK).

If you or SS369 have a website, or can direct me to images of your knots, I?d love to see your work or interests.  Questions come up all the time on my channel that you or others here might be able to assist with.

Although I have a good knowledge of all knots, my interest predominantly revolves around decorative knots. Thus, viewer questions (sometimes) require my spending hours researching answers.

Type to you more soon,

JD ~ TIAT
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:11:06 PM by JD~TIAT »

anything