To see full size graphics for each of the steps below, please select the appropriate thumbnail image.
To make Solomon Man, you need 1 metre of jute or cotton string.
- Make foot loops 100mm from the middle.
- First half knot.
- Second half knot, opposite to the first one completes a flat (square) knot.
- Pull tight leaving loops for feet.
- Next half knot, opposite to the last one. Pull tight. Keep core straight.
- Continue half knots - each one opposite to the previous one. Stop with 40mm loop for head.
- Tie a Thumb knot.
Try different materials and colours. Flat knots on a core are also called Solomon bars - hence our friend's name.